“Give us the real Sunburst chicken”

Sunburst Fried Chicken
Ranked #119 of 166 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Locals wish and wonder when they can get the chicken to taste like Sunburst in Cebu. The Dumaguete version seems 15 secs from being burned to a crisp. Waiters say the cooking temp is standard recipe so I kept asking them to cut back on cook time back when I still hoped they could come up with some Sunburst flavor. Or is it ingredient tampering?

These days the place is peopled mostly by out of towners (?) who think they'll get the Cebu flavor. Anyway thanks for the dieting help.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I always forget Sunburst when thinking of places to eat. But I've developed a liking for their chicken cuts. I could eat 3 pieces in one sitting! My favourite dish there is the Fish Fillet meal which include high-quality and long-grained rice, fries and tartar sauce (one of the best dips I've ever had). They use Cream Dory, BTW. Perfectly coated and fried. If you want something healthy to drink, they have fresh Buko/Coconut Juice served in its shell and whatnot. Another great meal would be the Shrimp Cutlets combo. Rice is unlimited, if it's important to you. It is for some Filipinos! To sum it all up, worth every penny :)