“Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 47 Dumaguete City B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently spent 5 days based here and I can't believe how lucky I was to stumble upon this place. The grounds are so beautiful and relaxing, and the staff are just amazing - so helpful and genuine. The restaurant is lovely as well - overall this hotel is incredible value all around! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank steph s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I recently went on a long-overdue 3D/2N holiday in Dumaguete together with my sister, my son and his girlfriend. Found this quaint and charming boutique hotel along Hibbard Road which I came to love at first sight. I instantly fell for its artsy interiors with its eclectic mix of Asian and Western influences. The creative mind behind this place is simply a genius! Every corner lovingly designed and cared for. Service is also impeccable, with no less than the CEO attending to your every need! :-) The place is also very accessible via tricycles that ply the route and going around the city is a breeze. And with a free breakfast thrown in, you definitely get good value for your money. Islands Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa is definitely a rare gem. Go book a room now! - Dette Mackay (Cebu City)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dette M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 11 nights whilst soaking up Dumaguete and have to say it's easily the best value stay I've ever had.

The staff are very attentive to service and detail, nothing was too much for them, checking if everything is alright, stopping anything they were doing to help you or serve you and always serving with a smile on their face...

The rooms range from simple yet comfortable to a home away from home.
I took the simple option as I was here to dive and explore NOT watch tv in my room. The room was always cleaned, fresh towels etc etc.

There is a lovely little fountain area to relax in whilst you plan what to do whilst here, a wellness spa out the back which does very good Thai massages (my back is in a much better place after that!).

The food is varied and delicious, I sampled quite a few Filipino dishes and found them all filling and satisfying.

The owner is very friendly and invited me to have lunch with them after checking out, which again was another delicious pinoy dish!

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my stay in Dumaguete and would happily recommend Island's Leisure to anyone planning a visit to this island!

Thanks again and I will be back asap!

By the way, when here check out Casaroro waterfall, one of the most amazing places I've ever seen!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I feel rich being in the hotel. It's not because you have to spend a fortune to get an accommodation there rather it's like owning a home with all the luxury in modern home living. You have a nice garden to seat and relax by the fountain. You feel richer with the kind attention the hands on owners & the staff extend to all guests.
The site is very acessible to going out for a day stroll around the city or having a day tour around the province.
Definitely not a one night stand ;-) but looking forward to another more nights of contented stay.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Jagtel Joe L
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was staying in this unique boutique hotel in the middle of Dumaguete City last March 12-18,2014 it's my second visit but at first I wasn't able to post a review since I run out of time doing my work duties but this time I really want to take time to share how amazing my stay in this Hotel was so in first day I supposed to check in 2pm standard time but they allowed me to check in as early as 12noon, the room was fantastic spacious and clean, the designs really a work of art they really think it over every corner perfectly suit the homey ambiance my second to fourth day I requested for out of menu breakfast and was granted since I observed fasting, and I don't have a boring moment talking to all of their attentive personnel's from housekeeping, maintenance and front desk also many thanks to the Management Team Daryll,Joey and Richard Cheers!!!! surely I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor room for easy access to the spa, restaurant and jacuzzi pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anton D
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

For the money, this hotel is excellent value. Although disappointed that it says it has a restaurant, but they only serve breakfast. So, if you want to have lunch or dinner you will need to take a tricycle into 'town' (10 PHP per person each way) and there are many restaurants there. There are many tricycles and it takes only about 5mins. It's also close to the airport and I would recommend using a tricycle as well as hotel transportation is very expensive. We recommend Kri or Laguna for good and not too expensive food. The restaurants on Rizal Boulevard are pricey and the food is not very good.

The bathroom needs updating, but the room is modern and well furnished. I don't think one could get better value. It also has a very small swimming pool and massage available.

The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose the Superior room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2Roaming
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My stay at the hotel was great. I took the Duo Pad (750php) which has a bed good for 2, no tv, no T&B (their common bathroom could definitely use some makeover), just a place to sleep in to, but none the less, comfortable.

This comes with breakfast daily with only 3 choices, all were satisfyingly good if you're not picky.

I guess what I liked best is their lounge area. A very peaceful and relaxing place with fountain in the middle and lots of sofas to feel cozy. I had a sofa by myself while reading a book and wifi is strong. After the whole day of diving at the sea, a place to relax is definitely wanted, which I did get, that's why I chose Island's Leisure while at Dumaguete.

One thing I noticed though, most people doesn't know Island's Leisure, even the tricycle drivers are not familiar with the place. There are no big signs outside the hotel which is confusing since it just looks like a normal residential house at first glance.

If you're not really into luxury, this is a good place for you.

Stayed March 5-7, 2014.