“Good value for the budget traveler”

Go Hotels Dumaguete
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a good choice if traveling on a budget. Clean, great beds, small but functional bathrooms, secure environment, close to Robinsons mall and transport hub. Limited amenities, but the rooms are so reasonable you can buy what you need and more with the amount you save. Downside, limited places to eat and go to outside of mall hours. If you don't intend to stay in your room long, this is a great choice

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pbj7
There are newer reviews for Go Hotels Dumaguete

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Before you decide to stay here, know that this is a budget hotel! There are no cabinets for your clothes or any other amenities you might expect from a 3 to 5 star hotel. The only toiletries they give are a roll of tissue, a sachet of shampoo and a small soap. They only replace these if you ask them to clean your room. Despite all of this, I had a good stay in this hotel as I really did not expect much.

Staff - They are very accommodating!They sufficiently answered my inquiries regarding places to go to in the area and other questions we had.

Room - The room was prepared when we got there. It was clean and a bit on the small side if two people are staying but as I am alone, it is already spacious enough for me. The temperature of the room was cool because of the aircon. There was a cable TV with clear and strong signal. My room had a view of the lawns of the Robinsons Mall beside the hotel. As I said, there were no cabinets but there was a hanging rack (?) on the wall where I can hang my clothes. Toiletries were sparse but they gave me 2 clean bath towels and 1 face towel. There was a hanging table from the wall in one side of the room where I place some of the food I purchased for pasalubong (it is forbidden to eat in the room!) and where I worked with my laptop. Wifi disconnects frequently but the download and upload rate was very high. Disconnection became problematic when I was talking with someone on Skype. There was also a safe to keep all belongings. The room was locked using a card key.

Food - the room rates does not include breakfast. They have a shop in the ground floor of the hotel which sells breakfast and is open 6am (?) but we never got to try eating there as we did not like to eat hotel food, instead we sampled food around Dumaguete. Restaurants in the mall beside GoHotel opens at aroun 10AM. Try Kalikaf for lunch or dinner! We loved the pizza. There is also a branch of Sans Rival in the mall so it's more convenient for customers of the hotel to buy pasalubong since this branch is closer to them.

Transportation - transportation around Dumaguete is easy enough. You go everywhere with a tricycle. For GoHotels, you'll have to walk up to the mall entrance where there is a tricycle terminal.

I'll definitely stay here again when I return to Dumaguete.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank xianora
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you need to stay in town, Go is your ticket. The location is a bit far from the city center but it's easy to get a tricycle at the Robinson's mall next door. This is my second stay and the staff is consistently helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean if spartan and everything works as advertised.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a nice hotel. The value for price is great. It is located next door to the new SM Mall so is convenient for restaurants and shopping. It is a 9 peso (25 cent) ride to downtown. I walked in and the price was high but was told by the the staff to check on Booking.com and I found a much better rate there. Amazing. THe staff was great and ther rooms very clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay there again. THe Go hotels are a small chain and I hope goes into more places.

Room Tip: It is a little out of the way so all of the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As my first time to be in this part of the country, I opted to settle for something convenient and safe and not so "touristy". So I settled for this hotel and was not at all disappointed.
It's within the mall compound of Robinsons Mall with all the restaurant choices but is surprisingly and pleasantly quiet and relaxing.
Room and bathroom size is big and has a simple modern interior. Although they can improve the room by adding glasses to be used for drinking water and a table or desk would also be nice. Towels can use fabric conditioner for better fragrance and feel.
Breakfast is good at the restaurant - small but pleasant ambience with a little convenience store if you need toiletries ( room has only soap & shampoo)
Quick check in and check out.
Helpful and friendly staff
Safe parking, laundry available spa services like massage,waxing etc are available as room service. They even have a tour desk at the lobby.
Definitely I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed for three nights here and we really enjoyed our stay. We booked two rooms one for my wife and one for my sister in law. It was like twenty four dollars a night pretty good deal. The hotel has a neat look with the green and yellow color scheme. The rooms are clean with decent wifi,cable tv and a comfortable bed. It has a rain shower which i found quite interesting.What i liked best however was the location. It was our first time in Dumaguete so being close to Robinsons mall was convenient as was the bus station if you need to get out to the province. For the price this accommodation was fantastic and I would like stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mastodon38
Reviewed March 6, 2013

stayed 3 nights this time. quite disappointed bcoz the room was close to the stairway--couldn't stand the noise late at night and early morning when guests walked up to the 2nd flr. i've told the staff about this and they took my suggestion. room had ants--little ones that bit me when i slept. i asked for a spray--it helped a bit.

the split a/c unit was a big plus--guaranteed to make u sleep comfortably without any noise.

hotel seems full of guests all the time--it's cheap and very close to robinsons mall and bus terminal. staff are very helpful, accommodating, and quick to respond.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms close to the stairway and the ones facing the mall
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo