“Poor ambiance, good food”

Mifune Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 166 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I didn't like the ambiance. It's dark and the crowd were not pleasant but we still gave it a try. The food was okay, delicious actually. If you're tired of local food and the usual European fare in other local restos, try it here.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Be greeted by a great crew. Naga the owner is usually there and supervises very well. The head waitress Eveb is a hoot, and cute as a button. Give it a try for lunch, supper, or the Friday Saturday night starting at 6:00 all you can eat style. By far the best sushi in Dumaguete and a friendly fun place to.

2  Thank Charles H
Reviewed April 10, 2012

You gotta try the Dragon Roll when You go there, great presentation with shrimp tempura sticking out on both ends.. And IMOPO the offer the best all You can eat deal on Friday and Saturday nights for somewhere around 300 or more Pesos, complete with all you can eat fresh tuna sashimi, sushi, various terriaki dishes etc.etc. I just hope it's not discontinued by the time I get back there... Service is good and so is the cold saki..

2  Thank Kiajohn
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I've been here many times and I've always enjoyed my meal. Nice little touches like a free salad and hot tea. The sashimi is always fresh and the price is right. The teriyaki chicken is one of my favorites. They have a good selection and their prices are reasonable. I always go at lunch and it's never too crowded or noisy.

3  Thank Mabuti
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We have lived in Dumaguete for over a year and a half and in the past year we have eaten luinch there once a week and sometimes twice a week. They are the best we have found yet in the area. It is not like the very best in the U.S. but they do quite well for what they have available. The sashimi they do have is very fresh. The prices are fair, you can get a very healthy meal for the same price you would pay at a fast food place or one of the other better restaurants in town.
We are treated very well by the owner and staff. Now, if we can only get them to remember to bring us our tea. lol hahaha

1  Thank Charles H