“Cheap Mexican food!! Yum!”
Review of Mooon Cafe

Mooon Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Cheap Mexican food!! Yum!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a weeknight during the happy hour and ordered a margarita pitcher and chimichangas. The margarita was blue and tasted very fruity, although the alcohol is a bit stinging, it's was still a LOT cheaper than the usual. A pitcher costs Around 150pesos only which was good for 3-4 glasses. The chimichangas were toasted well and spicy enough to excite your senses!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
“Best Baby Back Ribs”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I thought i had the best deal for a baby back ribs at Casa Verde in Cebu City until I ate at Mooon Cafe and tried their baby back ribs which is only at 199pesos for a 500grams serving. It was delicious and sweet just the way I like it. It was perfect. I had another round of rice serving which was apparently free. Their selection of drinks is superb at a very reasonable price.

Visayas
“Ok lang.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Firstly, the name of the restaurant is Mooon, not Moon. I ate here last Sunday before watching a movie. We started with the Molo soup, which we like. I decided to try a pasta for a change, some had tenderloin, which seemed ok, pork barbecue, which I tried but too sweet for my liking, gambas, which had plenty of prawns but very oily. My pasta was their in-house Mooon special pasta. It was terrible, I picked out the bits of prawns, chicken and mushroom and left the pasta, it was inedible. It was sickly sweet and had a weird taste, a bit like aniseed - yeuk! I've been before and the food has been ok, so I have given an average mark.

• Visited March 2014
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Bring Your Own Salsa”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was there at Moon on Silliman a few days ago and as usual lately the amount of salsa I get with my chicken fajita isn't enough anymore to use on the 3 (smallish) fajita wrappers. So I asked for more as I've done before..

Except this time I looked over the bill and see I WAS CHARGED P25 FOR THE SALSA!

It's not like I'm using lavish amounts of it on my fajitas...there's just less salsa and more salsa juice anymore lately

Is that good marketing?? Laying an extra charge on your customers for something they should have gotten in the first place?

Just more inept policy making at Moon

Btw, maybe have the wait staff do more than stare out the window while standing near the bar? How about looking around for dirty plates to be cleaned? Ours always seem to be left sitting as long as possible

• Visited March 2014
“very good for Dumaguete standards only”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Food is fast, reasonably priced (for western food) and drinks are pretty good. As long as you stay away from the pizzas its all good. Tuna belly was particularly good. Most wait staff not that great but Richard in the Robinson's mall branch, you are a star! The best waiter in Phil so far and a lovely chap to boot. Me and my girlfriend loved having a chat while it was quiet.

• Visited February 2014