“No one can rival their sans rival! ;)”

Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Dumaguete City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The melt-in-your-mouth sans rival and silvanas are sooo good! Prices are fairly-priced too (spent just a little over a hundred pesos for my dinner consisting of lasagna, a slice of sans rival, a piece of silvanas and a bottled water).

1  Thank RamblingRunner

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Part of my Dumaguete trip is always a Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries visit. The taste is consistently good and there are a lot of customers. It would be better if they can make the area bigger (why not get a 2nd and 3rd floor?). It would be more relaxing to have capucchino with sans rival without being in a hurry because a lot of people are standing beside you waiting to get your seat. There was a mistake when they served our order but not a big deal.

1  Thank RoseP_201204
Reviewed December 18, 2012

They have a very good selection of food. Not only cakes, they also serve a lot of well prepared European style food in the restaurant section; salads, bread, some nice looking desserts including fresh strawberries and kiwis. It seems to be frequented by the rich and snobby residents of Dumaguete, which I guess adds to the atmosphere. I took away an Oreo cake from here for my birthday, looked better than it tasted, but then chocolate normally does in the Philippines. They had lots of other great looking cakes, including of course the signature Sans Rival cake.

1  Thank WillRichens88
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The food was great and very affordable!! The blue, very cozy & elegant ambiance inside the establishment is very enticing as well.

Will definitely come back once I visit Dumaguete City again.

1  Thank MaiNipin
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I asked my friend to meet me there today. He arrived just after 11am and sat outside. Over the next TWENTY MINUTES no one asked him if he wanted a drink; in fact - no one at the restaurant talked to him at all!

He just sat there unattended the entire time

Then, after I arrived and we went inside, as we got our menus we both ordered something to drink. The guy brought mine and just stood there waiting to see if my friend was going to order anything to drink.

When we were finished with our meals I had to ask twice for the bill, because as usual the place is so busy after 12 noon, the few wait staff on duty are just overwhelmed by the noon crowd.

Employees do though find time to laugh and joke with each other while their backs are to the dining area. In fact at one point one of the waitresses was clowning around with the cook in the doorway to the kitchen, practicing a Judo hold or whatever was going on.

There's always time for play while at work I guess...

Still a disappointment