“the usual, so I thought!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Don Roberto's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 141 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: Filipino, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“the usual, so I thought!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've heard about Don Roberto's from friends who wont stop blabbing about it! Well, the pizza we ordered was gorgeous and big and had toppings to die for.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank PierreFoodInsider

Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Dare to be different & great taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had our first dining experience there even though we have lived here full-time now for about 2 years. No particular reason why we haven't stopped in before. We had a late lunch about 2:30 P.M., and they were still fairly busy. People were coming in to buy fresh made bread and rolls that we were amazed. They were lined up at the bread counter and it was a continuosly moving line all the time we were eating. We will have to check that part out on our next stop there which will be soon. We asked what the house specialty was and I was a little taken aback after looking at the quite extensive menu that our waitress said "pizza" ! Well, we had to try it. We had a tuna pizza with extra cheese and double sauce. The dough was not at all like pizza we are familiar with, but after you get past the unusual taste and texture it is really very very good. We will definitely put Don Roberto's on our rotating dining list for sure. They have many many things on their menu we'd like to experience.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Central Florida, Florida
“Good Local Selection of Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I've been here several times and always enjoyed my meal. The prices are good and there is a large selection. Some items require ordering in advance, but they are items not normally found on the menu of a local restaurant so no big deal. They have a small bakery counter that has a none stop line of customers. We stopped counting the number of times the kitchen delivered fresh baked items to the counter to keep up with the demand. It's worth a visit just for some of their bakery items.

• Visited March 2012
Sorsogon, Philippines
“Best vegetarian siopao in Negros”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Last Christmas, I had lunch with my inlaws at Don Roberto's. We had vegetarian and pork siopao and tinolang manok. It is located in front of Videocity Dumaguete.

The servings are very generous @ Don Roberto's. The single order of tinolang manok is good for 3 persons. We can see from other tables that food is generally served in American proportions.

I usually dont like siopao. But we had to try this because it looks good. We tried the vegetarian siopao and what a surprise, it is really good. Its not the usual full of mushroom or vegemeat siopao but it is like lumpia siopao with real vegetable in it. I love it. I changed my mind about siopao. Im wililng to have it again and again.

Don Roberto's opens early but the vege siopao is only available in the afternoon til late. They have the pork siopao all the day long and according to my father in law, is very good as well.

One thing I dont like about this restaurant, is that they allow smoking inside the airconditoined restaurant. I went back there to buy siopao the next day and the person standing before me at the queue is smoking. He said it is allowed in Don Roberto's and pointed out other customers that are smoking. And then I asked the cashier, she said they allow it.

• Visited December 2010