“Almost Excellent Except the Location”

Florentina Homes Apartment Hotel
Manila, Philippines
“Almost Excellent Except the Location”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Tell what is good of a hotel and B&B and Florentina Homes has every answer. except that it is located some kilometers away from city proper.
The building looks old but well maintained and very clean. The reception area is small yet cozy and manned all the time.The stairs, hallway, and guest areas were colorful with paintings and other art designs. Bedrooms are well appointed with powerful air-conditioning system, superb lighting, cute fixtures and furnishings, with above-average mattresses, bedding, linens, towels and consumables. Rooms are provided with flat screen cable tv and audio system, telephone with outside connections, and free wi-fi in public areas. Restroom is small but with separate shower area with working water-heater. Obviously, cleanliness is evident in every place.
Other amenities include parking area, swimming pool, gym / spa, and restaurant offering local favorites and international cuisines. A 24 hour security assures peaceful stay in this facility,
Staff and personnel are attentive, responsive to needs and friendly ... and believe me, the price is among the most competitive in the city.
I would have rated it no less than excellent had it been located near the Cathedral or Boulevard area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Florentina Homes is located close to the airport and around a 25 minute walk or a 20 peso's trike ride to the centre of Dumaguete.

The 1500 peso room we stayed in was of decent standard, had a balcony and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The bathroom however was not so good mainly because of the weak shower and the paintwork which was only half completed. I think they must have run out of paint because that's the way it looked and it didn't give off a good impression.

The food was acceptable but when brought to our room, it was usually warm rather than hot.

The staff we met were all polite and friendly and were very prompt in helping with anything.

The biggest gripe I have with Florentina though is their policy of allowing friends of guests into the hotel at unsociable hours. We were woken at midnight one night by loud voices and thudding of walls by the occupants next door. When the noise stopped I went out onto the balcony and counted thirteen people leaving this section of the hotel. Most of them left the hotel grounds altogether and some went to another part of the complex.

If it wasn't for this incident I would have given Florentina a higher rating overall based on a four night stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dubson186402
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2013

last stay for my short 1 week break ended in Dumaguete City for an overnight stay. Managed to get a room next to the tower.

Location of the hotel was a little away from the main roads (costs P10 on tricycle to get to the main downtown area). But I liked how the building looks and feels. Cosy.

Room was furnished simply but what I liked most was the arty wall decor that were hanging around the room brightening up the place. A comfortable bed. A TV (which I did not use) and a safe. More than sufficient for a solo traveller like me.

Receptionist was extremely helpful even though she was working alone (did not manage to get her name!) and could give suggestions where I could head to for some backpack-shopping (mine tore on the way from Siquijor over) and also for some pasalubong for my friends.

There was also free airport transfer!

The restaurant is located conveniently just a minute walk away from the reception area. Food was yummy but service was otherwise. They all seemed more engrossed in the basketball games showing on the TV then in attending to the customers. Hmmmmz.

If I had to come back again. This would definitely be my top choice of stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

No raves. Restaurant is convenient. You can request a shuttle or a transportation for extra fee if needed to go somewhere as the place is not in the city center, There is a pool and great for kids. I didn'tt like that we had to climb the stairs to get to our suite. We had to call front desk to get the TV working. The rooms were tight and beds were not very comfortable. The linens were kind'a small. No great views around.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Food: Food at Gabby;s Bistro was hmmmmmm.....oh so deliciious. Happy tummy :) The buffet served at our corporate event was so so. I can't remember much so I guess it's not something very memorable.

Accommodations: This is my most favorite. We availed the apartment type rooms complete with a living room, a kitchen & 2 bedrooms. I think it was just around Php 2,300 and we were 4 so it was affordable for us. Every corner was a work of art. They had these small to large figurines which I think was just lost in that place. But when you view those little pieces of art, they complemented each other. It didn't feel like we were staying a hotel. I felt like I was in a real home full of love. very cozy.

Service: The owner Sir Gabby was very hands on as we saw him cleaning the tables himself.Plus he's cute. <3 However, the other staffs were not very accommodating. It seemed like they didn't know their assigned tasks.

Room Tip: For a group, I think it is best to avail the apartments. You can go to the market & cook your o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Europe
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After being stranded in Dumaguete, due to a Tropical Storm, many Hotels were fully booked, a Tricycle driver recommended that place.We were quite sceptic, expecting, that he might get a nice comission from the hotel...

After spending two nights, I can easily recommend that place. We had a Standard Room (#23) for 1.500 PHP and we will definately come back, when in Dumaguete again.

As many reviewers mentionned before: the design is cozy and we felt veeery comfortable. The mattress and the pillows were very comfortable.
The only drawback was the noise from the Restaurant: During our 2nd night a group of Filipinos had a Pre-Halloween-Party. Either they were quite noisy or the acoustic insualtion isnt well done... ;)

Overall it was worth the visit and we will return!

Room Tip: Try to avoid #23 - it has no balcony (which can be difficult for a smoker)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the end of August 2012 for 2 nights. All the apartments were full so I had to take a room (no 23) in the new round tower building. Only thing missing was a small fridge. As usual the restaurant was very popular with locals - the food is not the cheapest but the quality is good so worth paying the extra. Friendly staff and management. Like before they allowed me to take their dogs for a walk or in the case of one of the dogs - he took me for a walk.

The hotel is a bit out of the way but it is only a few pesos to get to the centre of the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo