“Rude waitress”

Gabby's Bistro
Ranked #46 of 156 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our resort driver (Antulang's driver) recommended we take our late lunch here, it was very near the city airport, maybe 5 minutes away. It is like a diner type, really new and cozy. I know it's also a hotel or apartment or guest house of some type, but the name of the place escapes me. The restaurant is Gabby's, and their burgers and fries were good. The ambience was excellent, the staff just great. Do let me know once theyr'e on Trip, so I can give them the review they deserve.
Philippines
“Rude waitress”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at Florentina Homes because of the quirky concept and decor. Gabby's Bistro was the hotel's restaurant. We went in one afternoon for snacks and found the decor to be really cute, kind of like TGIF but on a provincial scale. Food was ok-ish, as one reviewer cited. What got my attention and made me want to write a bad review ASAP was the waitress, who, in the middle of taking our order, asked my companion what her weight was! We all joke about fatness amongst our friends but in a restaurant whose business is to feed people, it is highly inappropriate. I mean, shouldn't they be glad we have hearty appetites and will order a lot? Imagine how rude! You don't have to rub it in, right? We wanted to call the manager/owner then and give the girl a good tongue-lashing, but we decided to take the high road and enjoy our food. Of course, we took note of her name (started with a J - Jewel? Joelle?), and didn't leave a tip. Payback comes in the form of this review. RUDE RUDE RUDE! Shame on you owners for not training your staff well!

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank boop31

Western Australia
“Great place for afternoon tea”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Main meals need more work but a great creative place to have morning or afternoon tea. Big portions - so you may like to share :)

Visited September 2012
Chertsey, United Kingdom
“average food, poor service”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

the food was ok-ish.. it was probably because i ordered pork adobo which was not the restaurant's specialty food. i thought it would come as a 'comfort food' adobo which I'm used to but the waiter brought me a big slab of meat which I had to painstakingly slice to satisfy my adobo craving. service was poor as well, took so long for our food to be served. The ladies on the till were also gossiping non stop about a previous customer instead of waiting on hungry customers.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lurrve2travl
Bayawan, Negros Oriental, Philippines
“Horrible service”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I did not try the food because the service was so bad. I sat down waited 20 minutes then had to go find a server to order coffee. After my cup was empty for 20 minutes and still no one asked me if I wanted more. So I left without eating. But I did look at the menu, and it was over priced for that area.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lance Chris R
Copenhagen, Denmark
“excellent food tucked away in a quiet neighborhood!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The restaurant is not located in downtown Dumaguete, but it is sooo worth the visit!

The gambas and other appetizers are awesome!

They are very accommodating to large groups, however, it would be good to make reservations as this place can get busy!

Visited January 2012