“The best seafood we've had in the Philippines”

Lab-as Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 156 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Here we had a Dumaguete express and a steamed lapu lapu that I picked from the ice table next to the bbq. Both of these meals were delicious and as our first meal in the country really set the standards high- 3 weeks on and it still remains unbeaten! The service was great, the decor and setting was lovely and there was even a live musician that made the atmosphere great. A wonderfull restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Lab-as Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed January 30, 2013

it was our family's 1st time in dumaguete city & we opted to have lunch at this resto, at first i thought it wud be an expensive meal for a group of 5 (considering its a seafood resto) but when i was browsing their menu, i was amazed at the variety & the price. it was cheaper than seafood resto ive been here in manila! then the selection was also wide, for a squid/shrimo\p menu, i guess 4-5 kinds of menu they have.

next while waiting for our order, i was amazed by the ambiance, music played live thru a piano & the resto was clean. moreso the restroom (as my kids wud always use restrooms everytime we eat and am very particular at the resto cleanliness, water supply)

then our orders came, i was also amazed by the huge servings of each meal. and the taste, i was satisfied so wid my family.

when we asked for the bill, i was surprised to pay only 1300 for 5-course menu wid fresh fruit shakes & yang chow rice wid chorizo! thats only 260/head?! really not bad at all!

for me, am giving it a 4-point rating, wid a free & strong wi-fi connection is what wud make it a perfect 5-rating! ;)

2  Thank Eelanna
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We just got home,both of us were puking the food we eat at Lab-as.I cant wait to write a review about this restaurant.We ordered tuna belly,fresh oyster,mixed vegies and buko shake. We told the waiter not to over cook our tuna, he said yes,i got my buko shake and its too sweet to much sugar on it.We waited like 30-40 mins to think that our order was only fresh oyster and grilled tuna which is half cook,so it shouldnt have been that long.Finally we had our food,the oyster doesnt look fresh at all,presentation is bad,the tuna is over cooked and omg! Its fishy,it taste like "inasin" inasin is one way of preserving fish by putting salt on the fish and cook it the next day, no wonder why they over cooked the fish cause its not fresh,but still you can tell that its not fresh because of the taste and the texture of the fish.the mixed vegies doesnt have salt and pepper on it, and they dont even provide it on the table.Poor service,bad presentation,terrible food.I will never eat in this restaurant again,nor recommend it to my friends.We might have food poisoining this time because of their food.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yummy fresh seafood and then some! I love the oysters there: baked, steamed, grilled-I'll take them all,thank you.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We dined here twice during our stay at Dumaguete. My bf liked the Dumaguete Express that's why we went there twice...I find the viand to be a healthy choice of food. It came with buko strips and I guess the sauce includes buko juice too.

We also ordered baked oysters but it was served cold. Was it really baked? hahaha!

We tried their grilled blue marlin too but it was overcooked,meat was a bit hard already.

I liked their crispy shrimp, it is really crispy. The price is just average.