Coco Grande Hotel Dumaguete
$181
$102
$79
Travelocity
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$57
$52
Acqua Dive(Zamboanguita)
$68
$55
$250
$189
Agoda.com
Wellbeach Dive Resort(Zamboanguita)(Great Value!)
$46
$38
$59
$54
$84
Hotel Essencia(Dumaguete City)
$38
$37
Sta. Monica Beach Club(Dumaguete City)
$54
TravelBook.ph
All reviewsexecutive roomsilliman universitysiquijor islandwifi connectionfamily roomother hotelshot and cold showerfree breakfastboulevardfurnishingscomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Location: the hotel's location is situated just right at the heart of Dumaguete city. One would only need a pair of slippers and some sun block. Its just 10-15 minutes walk away from Silliman University and only 15-20 minutes away from the shopping malls through pedicabs ( motorized tricycle) as they are popularly known in the local dialect. The only down side is traffic. Due to its proximity to one of the biggest universities in the Visayas Island, traffic can be worst during class days, at 7 am, 12pm and 5pm. It is a 20 min ride from the city night life, clubs and various bars.

Hotel services are basic...no pools gardens and lush landscaping. It is a stop and go hotel suited more for business trips than a leisurely vacation. Good to nite though, the hotel can arrange a trip to Siquihor island through its sister hotel and resort Coco grove.

Staff
Hotel staff are friendlier compared to other hotels...based on experience, they are professional and courteus.

Rooms and ambiance
For travellers with a taste for more edgier and more modern decour this hotel is not for you. The hotel has a more antiquated feel to it. A classy refined taste of art paintings, antique decours and dim lighting...adding to a hint of subtlety to a classic well orchestrated ambiance.

The rooms are huge, huge beds, spacious comfort rooms and closet. Space is not an issue especially with the family and suite rooms.

All in all it is a good find. But be warned thia hotel is an acquired taste...there are travellers who would not enjoy the classic aura it exudes, some look for that exact experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked at coco grande hotel dumaguete from April 16-27 so we could encourage our son and his team and other players we know from the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) as they will be playing football at the Palarong Pambansa here at Dumaguete. But when I came home one night at the hotel , on April 19, 2013, Friday, I found my room still uncleaned. After a very tiring day walking all over town in the heat looking for much needed football shoes for the teammates of my son whose football shoes were already torn and a second jersey for their team because Dep-Ed CAR only gave them one pair when they have several games over the week, I came home to a dirty, unkept coco grande hotel room, my room. I had to inform the front desk over the phone but I was told there's no more housekeeping service. Tired, I was really so pissed off that I had to go downstairs and talk to the front desk clerk. Then I was asked if I left my key in the morning with the front desk clerk and I said no, and she said, oh that's why . But I told her that I usually don't leave my key at the front desk over the past days I've stayed in the hotel and my room got cleaned.When the front desk clerk just said perfunctorily that she will just note it down for the housekeeping service in the morning, I told her I am paying for my room day and night that I am here and you won't even clean it? I demanded that my room has to be cleaned. Then I just sat down at the lobby and waited. Then one of the male employees in the hotel got up and asked for my key with fresh linens in his hand. In my ethnic dialect, this is really badarong!

Room Tip: Look for another hotel in dumaguete
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Prov31mom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Coco Grande is a fine, clean place. Service could be more attentive but isn't bad. The freshly made breakfast is good for the price of the hotel. It's a bit of a walk to town but not far; make sure to walk the other way to Laba-as Seafood.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrookS244
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Coco Grande for 1-night in early March while in transit from Siquijor to Puerto Princesa (P1344/$34). The hotel is located on Hibbard Ave, a busy Silliman University campus street crowded with tricycles. Our room was a spacious standard, with a queen bed, two end tables, a desk, table and chairs, refrigerator and AC (no inroom safe). Two closets and a space under the TV provided ample storage. One surprise, though, was that there was no hot water for the shower.

The restaurants along Rizal Ave and further down Hibbard in the city center are a short walk from he hotel. Unfortunately, we dined at an open air restaurant near the corner of Silliman and Rizal – huge portions of truly awful food. There is a small store across the street where you can buy water but, for beer or other necessities, you need to walk past the campus toward the center. We planned to walk over to the Silliman Marine Lab that the Rough Guide shows on the main campus about a block away. It is actually 2.5 km away near the airport, and isn’t really worth the effort of getting there.

Because we had an early morning flight, the staff kindly took our breakfast orders the night before so that our meal would be available at 6 am. A cab to the airport takes 10 min and costs P200 (the hotel charges P400 for their van). Overall, our stay at the Coco Grande was comfortable; recommended for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ndser
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in Coco Grande for two days, the room is small and air-condition has a big noise. The most important thing was the reception forgot to pass the information from APO island hotle for us, that made us missed the big boat that APO island hotel arranged for us, which is unbelievable that a hotel's reception forgot it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple