“friendly and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
Coco Grande Hotel Dumaguete
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 10days in April with my partner, we found the hotel clean and the staff very friendly, the room service was good and the location was handy to the town and part of there group was the Coco Amego which was also great and the staff friendy, it is just a pitty that the hotel shown is not the Hotel Coco Grande

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chc-kiwi

Reviewed April 5, 2011

The hotel is located in the centre of Dumaguette just a short walk away from the beach, the restaurants and the shopping centres.
For us it was absolutely the best place to stay because it’s location in the city’s centre and it is not far from the airport.

The staff is very friendly and welcoming, truly philippinian hospitality.
We used it as a transition hotel before we left the island but I am sure that it is suitable for a longer stay as well, as Dumaguette and Negros has lots of beautiful areas to explore. The Rooms where very clean, big and had lots of amenities such as water heater, tea and coffee for free and a very nice Minibar, the bathroom was big and clean as well. In the Lobby you even have Wifi for free.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angelika_1979
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is the first time that I'm doing a review of any hotel in the more than 30 countries and several hotels I've stayed in.

I am compelled to write this after feeling like a second-class citizen in my own country. Staff of Coco Grande Hotel are most probably taught by their foreign boss to be extra courteous to non-Filipino guests in their hotel while local guests can just get curt nods and shoulders from them.

I stayed overnight in this hotel (old facilities, toilet flush too weak, no WIFI except in the lobby and coffee shop, bathrooms mildewy) and checked the dynamic of the staff with their guests. I stayed in the lobby in the evening (where there's WIFI) and was able to observe that staff went out of their way to greet their foreign guests, while local (Filipino) guests received a less warmer reception.

So for Filipinos not wanting to be discriminated at in their own country, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
18  Thank cmpfigueroa
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Dumaguete has several good value budget options, including the Coco Grande Hotel. Good value for an overnight stay, clean, decent ,attentive staff, close to the pier but out of the busy town center

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PHnewbie
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Our room was nice and spacious. Clean sheets and towels. Bathroom was a bit mildewy and smelled of damp. The net curtains were dirty and the walls needed re-painting.
On arrival the receptionist seemed as though she couldn't be bothered to answer any of our questions about the area so we gave up. Thankfully the next day Ms. Hanelyn was on reception (who had dealt with our booking) - what a lovely helpful lady, makes such a difference when a hotel has good staff!
We had breakfast in the hotel - ordered coffee, toast with butter and marmalade and fruit. Everything ok apart from we didn't get marmalade - they didn't have any (local shop was 2 mins round the corner). This was an re-occurring theme in the Philippines with things on menus not being available.
Anyway, to sum up. Was good value, great location but a bit tired - wouldn't cost much to plush it up. White-wash the walls, new shower and net curtains should do the trick!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank charleyandtonia
Reviewed December 31, 2010

It was my first time to stay at this hotel having been to Dumaguete a few times. This year, my husband and I decided we will stay at Coco Grande. We booked for two nights- it was okay but we have noticed that the mirrors in the bathroom have toothpaste bits on them from brushing teeth. It looks like it's never been cleaned for the next guests. Then we checked out - three days after that we went and checked in at coco grande again due to the other hotel we stayed at was fully booked. We didn't have any advanced booking. At around 10 am we got there, checked in and paid and the lady in the front desk gave us the key. My husband and I carried our luggage, there is no elevator so it is very hard to carry luggages by the stairs. When we got into the room, my husband went to the bathroom and found a toilet paper floating in the toilet. There were also used cups on the table. The room was obviously haven't been cleaned. So we went back straight to the front desk and told her about this and she said she will move us to a different room but it's not yet available because they are still trying to fix the air conditioner. She told us it will be ready by 12 pm. My husband and I left our luggage to the receptionist so we could go and have lunch. We arrived back after lunch and checked into our room. The mirrors were the same as the last room we stayed at, and fortunately there was no toilet paper already in the toilet bowl. My husband had a lie down and we felt something rough at our feet, that felt like sand, like it had been slept on by another person. The sheets were untucked when we arrived, so we politely asked for clean linen (and put it on myself). No apologies were given at any stage for any tardiness. Having stayed at other hotels in Dumaguete, I was a little disapointed with the experience. I think overall, its in need of a renovatation and update in procedure for cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank len_dawn
Reviewed October 2, 2010

At 1200p for an executive room, the price cannot be beat. It is within walking distance of the pier, but a tricycle is recommended for trips to restaurants and E Plaza (which has a good selection of wines, a few cheeses, olives, and all the regular grocery items).
(cocograndehotel@yahoo.com, www.cocograndehotel.com, 63 35 422 0746/7)

The room is large with parquet flooring in the living area and stone floors in the bathroom, cable TV, stocked minibar, AC, desk with coffee/tea making (though you need to request the hot water from room service), a circular wicker table with 3 chairs. It is somewhat dated, especially the soft mattress on the bed. Regulating the water temperature in the enclosed shower can be tricky and there is only cold water in the sink.

Wifi only works if you are next to one of the 2 routers in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo