“Very Hospitable”
Review of The URMI

The URMI
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Haridwar
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Located in a quiet area. The rooms were quite spacious, they provided us with a heater at no extra cost. The meals were made fresh and very reasonably priced. Wifi was available but only in reception.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in the hotel with my family for one day. It was a very satisfying experience for us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The service was excellent and all the staff members were helpful. The food was simple but good. Next to Shantikuj and just 3.5 km from Har ki Pairee, location of the hotel is very good. I will again like to stay in the hotel.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very good value for money, clean and comfortable accommodation. Very good customer service . Very good fresh home cooked meals on order. Issues with hot water though which front desk acknowledged and promised to fix. see you again. Hotel little out of way from central location but very peaceful and not a major issue. A barber and tea stall next door very handy.

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sanjay_syd
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We planned to visit Haridwar in May 2012 with family.
We booked this hotel online via ZipTrip ( I am going to write another horrifying feedback for ZipTrips) and you won't believe. I was at the reception with my family and all my luggage de-loaded when I heard the words from receptionist "Sorry Sir, we don't have rooms for your booking"
And more to that, since last one hour I was in regular contact on phone with the receptionist to find the way to hotel.

The owner of the hotel is a cheap fellow, when contacted over phone at reception he said sorry I am in Delhi and we don't have any rooms and that we informed you timely. Should I have been informed, am not stupid to ask for my booking.

Just to make the point more clear: Just after the booking online I called up the owner of the hotel and asked if he has received the booking and he confirmed "Yes, we have received your booking via ZipTrip and we confirm your rooms" and I never got any other call from the hotel.

I was with my family and really embarrassed, I had enough scuffle at the reception finally I had to sort this out because I was only on a two days trip(one night at hotel).
And they had a ready plan for all victims like us, they offered rooms in a nearby hotel. The hotel was way sub-standard compared to what we booked for. And they offered that to us for the exact same rate.

They actually do overbooking and when the customers comes at their hotel they just. And once the overbooked customers comes, it's in their menu to offer them a nearby another disgusting hotel.

These are the kind of service providers who makes fun of law and order in India. And keeps on breaching the trust of customers.

Stay away from these super unprofessional people.

Room Tip: Never choose any room from these guys.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelerBuddyFly
aggarwal007, Owner at The URMI, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Respected Guest

We are deeply hurt by your remark about the denial of rooms to you, First you called up at our reception about booking for yourself and when we denied and apprised our inability to offer you room, You had made booking via Ziptrip, Please note that we have no tie up with Ziptrip and Cleartrip had communicated us, about this booking of yours, As we were sold out so without delay we communicated to cleartrip about our inability of honouring the booking, they accepted their mistake that Ziptrip had made booking without confirming Cleartrip (cleartrip was also not taking booking on their own website due to sold out status), As all confirmed booking received from Travel Agents are honoured and properly registered, So we do not call guest unnecessarily for confirmation. And you had asked for the way to our property that’s why receptionist has helped to find way to here, she had no knowledge that you had made booking and coming for stay

But as you had suffered So we arranged your stay in similar category property and paid more than we got, We are always put our guest first and their comfort is prime focus for us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you felt.

Regards
The Urmi, Haridwar

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights with the kind folks at Hotel Urmi. It was very clean. The guys were cleaning everyday so it shows! The young lady at the front desk was most helpful. Its main drawback it the distance from downtown Haridwar, but the distance also brought quiet and nice places to walk. Be sure to get directions to the hotel on the back of their business card to give to auto rickshaw drivers or taxis as that proved very helpful. The food was consistantly of good quality and served with smiles. Wifi hours are a bit too short. A very good value and I would recommend this accomodations to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends