“Trip to Haridwar”
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
Ranked #9 of 93 Hotels in Haridwar
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited Haridwar for a ritual activity and stayed at La Casa for a night. I chose this hotel after seeing it's good rating in tripadvisor. I booked couple of rooms through makemytrip. On arival I was allocated two double bed rooms in 3rd floor. In the begining, I was very disappointed. The ambience in 3rd floor was very dull and boring (I am told there was some renovation work going on to create restaurant facilities). It had only 2 rooms in 3rd floor which were allocated to me. Further to this after a while, I found body hairs on the bedsheets and it seems those were already used by someone. But, on complaining , the room service promtly changed the bedsheets. Then another disappoint after a while - there was not enough water in the tapes and toilet flush in the bathroom. On complaining, hotel staff was again prompt and tried to fix it but then I was offerred to shift both my rooms into the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor was good and the rooms were neat and clean. I'm generally very particular about the cleanliness and finally I was satisfied with the given rooms.

Food was good which was more like home made. I had tried both breakfast and Dinner in the hotel.

Har ki pauri is about 10-15 minutes rikshaw ride from the hotel. I had 5 members in my family so took 2 rikshaws while travelling to Har ki pauri from the hotel. In general, each rikshaw has the facility to take 5 passengers at a time. Both the rikshaw charged me Rs. 30/- each.

Haridwar Railway station is about 5-10 minutes ride if Tempo/Taxi is used.

For me, Leaving apart the initial hiccups, overall I found the hotel to be good. Room service staffs were very good and promt.

I would recommend this hotel to others (may be not the 3rd floor rooms) and may like to stay again if I have to visit Haridwar.

Cleanilness and Rooms rating I provided is purely based on the rooms that I fianally end up using.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HotelLaCasa2010, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We thank you for taking out time to review and rate us on tripadvisor.
We do agree that intermittently 3rd floor is a little out of place due to the terrace cafe work and thus you might not have enjoyed the ambiance so much, although 3rd floor has otherwise been a favorite for most of our guests. The day you checked in, the hotel was almost full and thus we had to allot you rooms on the 3rd floor.
But we are happy that you enjoyed your stay on the 2nd floor and all the amenities later on. We have expedited the work on terrace cafe and it shall be in operation soon.
We thank you again and look forward to welcome you La Casa in the future too

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very comfortable stay. Staff is very helpful. Wifi connectivity was very helpful to attend to some urgent work that came up. Strongly recommend this hotel. The interiors of the hotel are very beautiful, very appealing, makes your day!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for taking out time to review and rate us on Tripadvisor. Its a great gesture considering your busy schedule.
Look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

nice clean hotel, the hotel staffs are always ready to help, clean rooms, Free Wifi. 10 - 15 mins walk from Har Ki Pauri ghat. Food is ok not so good you can try at the nearby restaurants. Overall I am satisfied with my stay at La Casa but it would have been better if it was a little near to the Ganga Ghat

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HotelLaCasa2010, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We thank you for sparing time to review and rate us on tripadvisor.
Actually, we are just 200 meters from a very famous clean ghat known as "Birla Ghat". From here, the walking area parallel to river Ganges leads to Hari-ki-pauri and is also a nice serene walk. We usually recommend our guests to visit this ghat, as it is very neat and clean. May be you should try this ghat when you arrive next time.
Thanks again for remembering to review us and we look forward to welcome you to La Casa again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its a good neat & clean hotel in Haridwar. I stayed there twice and its same standards they are maintaining. Only one suggestion for the management to provide a car cleaner for people who come in their own cars. It was not easy to get my car clean from the staff available. The same story when I stayed last year. But this is minor lapse and if management can look after, rest everything is fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HotelLaCasa2010, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Mr. Pradeep,

Thanks for taking out time to review us on tripadvisor. We are happy that you are our repeat guests and would love to serve you over and over again.
The little lapse of car cleaning facility has been take care of, as we have appointed one of the houseman's to take out time every morning to clean the cars.

Thanks for giving us a chance to serve you, we promise high standards to housekeeping and overall hygiene.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

La Casa is the best …. Stay was very comfortable and staff was extremely courteous accommodation was great clean room and I will always stay at La Casa whenever at Holy City Haridwar , I strongly recommend the hotel for best and comfortable stay.
Thank you La Casa for making our trip comfortable and memorable.

1  Thank ParminderNoida
HotelLaCasa2010, Owner at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks for your time to review and rate us on tripadvisor.com and for recommending La Casa to your friends and fellow travelers.
I am happy that my team is able to keep up to your expectations and has been able to create a positive memory of Haridwar trip.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had booked 4 royal rooms in advance with request for late check out. checked in at 8pm they took 1hour 20 mins for shifting luggage to rooms ie 11pcs of bags with one and only boy.ask for cleaning u see the same boy ,ask for water u see the same boy ,shiffiting of luggage same boy, ordered milk for child they gave me after 30min the same boy again .ordered only plain steam rice nothing else at 9.45pm . Super fast i got it at 11pm . All the toilets wear stinking asked for cleaning the same boy comes and says he is busy at restaurant. Over and above all this next day i checked out all the 3 rooms in the morning and requested 1 room for luggage and to fresh up if we want to. we came back at 12noon checked out at 12.30pm a mear half an hour extra they charged me half a day rent with no invoice for it bcoz they say we dont rent half a day. I request all of them who reads this pls pls pls dont book.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vinod s

Dear Mr. Vinod,
I am completely disturbed to read what has been written; to the extent that I called for the previous records, duty roosters and video recordings to personally check what could have gone so horrendously wrong. This is the first time anything like this has been written for my hotel.
While, I am still investigating and getting to the roots of the problem, I am highly apologetic for the inconveniences that might have been faced by you.
I got told by my team that the problem began when you were not been provided all 4 Casa Royale rooms on the same floor. Actually, we are a small property with just 6 rooms on each floor (4 Royale + 2 Standard). Unfortunately, 1 Royale room guest extended their stay, so we could not provide you 4 Royale rooms on the same floor.
This led to delay in the check-in procedure and took some longer time to finalize and set the luggage in respective rooms. I checked that there were 2 waiters who were assisting in baggage check-in (though it did took time) . Another thing is that there are 2 separate houseman who do the cleaning job and never ever are they involved in any customer related service activity. Toilet cleaning, room cleaning, and proper housekeeping has always been our strength. Though, it is unfortunate that the toilets were not up to the mark, the good thing from your review is that I personally did a room and toilet surprise check and tightened up my houseman and housekeeping staff to correct and improve wherever I found issues.
Regarding the late check-out, usually we allow an hours grace if the rooms are vacant. But since the check-out was past 3 pm, 25 % of the room charges were additionally charged.
But having said all this, I do understand that once you have a sour first impression, then everything is purview-ed from the same stance. I request you to kindly forgive us for the inconveniences and give us a chance to serve you again. We will definitely make up for it.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed with family for 2 and 1/2 days in this hotel in the highest category room.
booked it online and got deal for 2.5 days stay as well which was really appreciative of the hotel management.
they gave a ineffective blower on demand (no extra charges) but later on replaced with a better heater which was erring when being turned, so we left it the way it was working and did not touched it furtehr.

towels were absent in room, when asked poor and used quality rather smelly towels were provided.

rest all was good like hot water,almirah (without safe) , bedding, etc..
they provided extra bed on demand (mattress on chargebale basis).
hotel desk was helpful in all ways from transport to directions to adhoc requests.
they had a credit card machine and good wifi (in room) also .
room service was quick but quality of food was not good.
too oily, with rocks in dal and curry :-)
when complained they said its sourced from outside vendor and they offered to change..but the same kept on repeating for all 2.5 days.

I guess they should change the vendor or have a in house kitchen instaed.
Also they should put more sign boards on roads suggesting the directions coz the hotel is a bit off from the main road.
TV was a sony bravia but a very small screen (20/21 inch) which was very small as compared to room/wall sizes.

all together a good option in haridwar to stay if u dnt want to get pissed off at each and everything while being in haridwar.

Hello Ms. Kirti,
Thanks for reviewing us on tripadvisor.com.
We thank you for mentioning hot water availability, free wifi, travel desk, good room service and staff courtesy as plus points of the hotel. This will help fellow travelers in deciding their stay options.
We also thank you for informing us about the quality of towels, and food. We did a check of the hotel towels and have removed the towels which were not up to the mark. We are aware that some guests have faced inconveniences in the intermittent period of change from the conventional canteen into a new one. This issue will be resolved shortly.

We are totally committed to providing good hospitality services and are learning and improving at each step with candid feedback and motivating words from guests like yourself.