“Good hotel to stay in”

Sachin International Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haridwar
Sachin International Hotel
Ranked #47 of 264 Specialty Lodging in Haridwar
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We took the Janshatabdi train to Haridwar but it was 2 hours late. Tired and not ready to roam around, we decided to look for Sachin International Hotel from the station gate. There was no need and it was right upfront. The rickshaws were eager to suggest other hotels (for commission they get) but uttered bad words about this hotel as we stepped in. The peak season just finishing (for new year) the rooms were available, and that too at reasonable rates. We got a nice room (not that we had much choice) and they asked for Rs 700/-. The washroom had a geyser (put on the outside and you had to ask the boys to switch in on). After the wash, we ordered dinner and though the dining hall was just alongside, we preferred to have it in the room itself.
Nothing outstanding about the food, but the convenience made up for the quality. Every room has one windowed-wall, and you can open one of them which opens in the courtyard showcasing the shops & vehicles, that form the ground floor of the hotel.
The hotel has two buildings connected with a long bridge, amply decorated with flower plants and makes a nice area to stand on.
The best thing I found out that the hotel has a standby generator that runs basic facilities like the fan and tubelight. The TV however cannot be switched on while the powercut stays.
The linen and other accessories were okay and usable.
As for Indian standards this hotel is good and do not read much into the reviews by foreigners who may have different ideas.
Situated on the main station road, and since Haridwar is not a big town, access to all tourist places is easy.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ghitorni

Reviewed January 10, 2010

I stayed here with my wife for 1 night after arriving from Rishikesh. We had 1 day in Haridwar before catching a train to Delhi, and the only good thing about it was the fact it's directly opposite the Train station.

The reception area can trick you into thinking it's a nice place although even that is dirty and very dated. The rooms are dirty, smelly and just so uninviting. We asked for our room to be cleaned even though we were told it had been already! it was just the same after they cleaned it again. We stayed one night, but couldn't bring ourselves to use the shower in the morning, it was so horrible, we slept in our own bed liners so as not to touch anymore of the bed than absolutely necessary.

The staff were uninterested in anything. It's a huge hotel, but seems like a bit of a ghost town. Maybe when it was built it was a nice place, but now it's just a filthy hole of a place.

Just don't bother unless you really have to.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DickieMoules
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I use to go to Haridwar every year. This time I opted for this hotel, best part is just you walk out of the Railway station and there is this hotel. The rates are very nominal as per the facilities provided by the hotel. As compared to other hotels in Haridwar, it is very clean and have beautiful ambience with very good rooms. The staff is very cooperative.The food was very good. Har ki padi is also 10 min walk from the hotel. I would suggest everyone to opt for this hotel

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Hi...SAchin International has been a gem in Haridwar Tourism with its Big sprawling Rooms , lavishing Interiors , Great Hospitality & unmatching foods

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Hotel is OK but the room was not properly maintained. Also sometime Cooler / AC was not working

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Hi,

I have visited haridwar this October. I stayed in Hotel Sachin Internationl. I liked this hotels because of following reasons
1. This is very near to Railway station as well as Bus Stand
2. To go to har ki pauri and mansa devi temple is also very easy
3. Staff, hotel rooms and service is also very good.

I booked this hotel using www.haridwartrip.com which offers very good price in comparison to other hotel websites.I recommend to use www.haridwartrip.com if you are plaaning to stay in Hotel Sachin International.

In haridwar I visited mansa Devi, Har Ki Pauri ( also seen the Aarti that was awesome), Chandi devi ( and if you take package ticket of Mansa Devi and Chandi Devi, you will be treated as privileged visitors :), lesser Queue)

Bye bye

Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is the first time i was visiting this restaurant. It was lunch time 1PM Aug 1st 2009. My family and my brother's family were the only people there. Two years back, when my brother came to check the rooms, he found no one at the restaurant. Bad luck we didn't get the hint. The waiters was very lazy. One Nasty Guy was assigned to attend our table. Nobody was around when we were ready to order. We were starving. We ordered a Jeera rice with some sides..one- it took too long after we ordered and two -rice was stale. Health inspectors should make regular unannounced visits to restaurants for health compliance
or violations. In an hour, this was the worst experience I had ever had. I would recommend this restaurant to nobody!!!!
Stay in this hotel?? Forget it!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family