We were picked up at the airport by a hotel car and taken to the hotel, which was a little beyond the end of the paved road (more pavement does seem to be on the way).
While I was checking in, my girlfriend kept tugging on my sleeve to taste the juice we had been served while we checked in. I thought she was delirious from the trip. Then I finished checking in and tasted it. Wow. I don't know what it is exactly but by the end we had it for every meal and had them spike it for after dinner.
We were only there for two nights but we found the resort very relaxing and calm. The service was nice - finding us to take our dinner order from the beach and generally being very attentive.
The only negative was that the conditions when we were there did warrant an air conditioner. But obviously we survived.
A neutral comment is that there appeared to be a number of dive shops down the beach (to the left looking towards the water) but the hotel only put me in touch with one. I found out too late that their contact couldn't go when I could, and I had been led to believe he was the only one nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dotted between the palm trees of Zanzibar's South East Coast, along an unfurling swathe of postcard-perfect coastline, sits Hakuna Majiwe, the Place of No Stones, a site so idyllic that we named our hotel after it. The 21 luxury cabanas of Hakuna Majiwe Lodge are spread out along this quiet, palm-fringed beach, each leading straight out onto the hourglass-fine sands and jade waters of the Indian Ocean. The cabanas pay homage to our host culture, mixing thatched roofs and wooden floors with the intricate ornamental vidaka plasterwork of the Swahili Coast to create a space that is both shamba chic and authentic in style. Walk-in dressing areas, artisan four-poster beds and generous bathrooms ensure that style is complemented by the comforts expected on your holiday. Be it a private honeymoon retreat or hosting your family in our dedicated 5 bed suites, comfort and privacy are always guaranteed. And at the heart of the tropical splendour of our spacious grounds sits the Tradewinds Restaurant, from where our hard-earned reputation for can-do hospitality has been forged. An evolving menu of Swahili-Zanzibari cuisine using locally-sourced ingredients is freshly prepared with International flair each and every day, paired with carefully-selected wines and juices, to create lasting culinary experiences, worthy of your visit. Private dining, with butler service, is always available for those seeking intimate memories to dine for. Jungle Spa and landscaping our expansive, palm-lined pool sheltered in the abundant tropical splendour of the Hakuna Majiwe estate. With a kite school for the more intrepid guests and an excursion centre for the more curious wishing to explore the island, there is always something to do if the relaxation becomes too much. Our home is where our heart is, though, and Life is Always A Beach at Hakuna Majiwe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ora Resort Hakuna Majiwe Hotel Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Hotel
- Hakuna Majiwe Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge Zanzibar Island/Paje