At the beginning we had big problems: we made a reservation directly on the hotel web sites half a year in advance. We gave our credit card details and on the next day our credit card was charged the exact amount of money. From this moment the problems started. Mrs. Daniela D´Annunzio from Ora Hoteles Group repeatedly sent us emails that our card is not valid and demanded another credit card (of course our credit card WAS valid and WAS already charged). After 3 months of sending emails and even phone calls to Ora Hoteles Group in Italy without any success we decided to send final email explaining this situation and we attached a copy of our bank account statement with the payment. We sent this to all email addresses related to Ora Hoteles Group we found. After this Mrs. D´Annunzio replied "Your reservation is confirmed". There was not even a word of appology. Two days before our arrival to Hakuna Majiwe we were contacted by Ora Hoteles Group with the information that we will be "upgraded" to My Blue Ora Resort in Nungwi. We spent half a day rearranging our program in Zanzibar because of this unexpected change. On the last evening before our arrival we were contacted again with the information that accomodation in Hakuna Majiwe is possible... We arrived to Paje on the next day and since that time everything was perfect. The general manager of the hotel Mr.John does a perfect job. He took a wonderful care of us and so did the rest of the staff. The hotel is beautiful, the food was perfect, the pool is great, the beach is excellent. Nothing was a problem. On the last day there was a Masai show after dinner and Johny even printed the program for us in our language! Finally we were very satisfied and we would love to spend our holiday in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dotted between the palm trees of Zanzibar's South East Coast, along an unfurling swathe of postcard-perfect coastline, sits Hakuna Majiwe, the Place of No Stones, a site so idyllic that we named our hotel after it. The 21 luxury cabanas of Hakuna Majiwe Lodge are spread out along this quiet, palm-fringed beach, each leading straight out onto the hourglass-fine sands and jade waters of the Indian Ocean. The cabanas pay homage to our host culture, mixing thatched roofs and wooden floors with the intricate ornamental vidaka plasterwork of the Swahili Coast to create a space that is both shamba chic and authentic in style. Walk-in dressing areas, artisan four-poster beds and generous bathrooms ensure that style is complemented by the comforts expected on your holiday. Be it a private honeymoon retreat or hosting your family in our dedicated 5 bed suites, comfort and privacy are always guaranteed. And at the heart of the tropical splendour of our spacious grounds sits the Tradewinds Restaurant, from where our hard-earned reputation for can-do hospitality has been forged. An evolving menu of Swahili-Zanzibari cuisine using locally-sourced ingredients is freshly prepared with International flair each and every day, paired with carefully-selected wines and juices, to create lasting culinary experiences, worthy of your visit. Private dining, with butler service, is always available for those seeking intimate memories to dine for. Jungle Spa and landscaping our expansive, palm-lined pool sheltered in the abundant tropical splendour of the Hakuna Majiwe estate. With a kite school for the more intrepid guests and an excursion centre for the more curious wishing to explore the island, there is always something to do if the relaxation becomes too much. Our home is where our heart is, though, and Life is Always A Beach at Hakuna Majiwe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ora Resort Hakuna Majiwe Hotel Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Hotel
- Hakuna Majiwe Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge Zanzibar Island/Paje