At the beginning we had big problems: we made a reservation directly on the hotel web sites half a year in advance. We gave our credit card details and on the next day our credit card was charged the exact amount of money. From this moment the problems started. Mrs. Daniela D´Annunzio from Ora Hoteles Group repeatedly sent us emails that our card is not valid and demanded another credit card (of course our credit card WAS valid and WAS already charged). After 3 months of sending emails and even phone calls to Ora Hoteles Group in Italy without any success we decided to send final email explaining this situation and we attached a copy of our bank account statement with the payment. We sent this to all email addresses related to Ora Hoteles Group we found. After this Mrs. D´Annunzio replied "Your reservation is confirmed". There was not even a word of appology. Two days before our arrival to Hakuna Majiwe we were contacted by Ora Hoteles Group with the information that we will be "upgraded" to My Blue Ora Resort in Nungwi. We spent half a day rearranging our program in Zanzibar because of this unexpected change. On the last evening before our arrival we were contacted again with the information that accomodation in Hakuna Majiwe is possible... We arrived to Paje on the next day and since that time everything was perfect. The general manager of the hotel Mr.John does a perfect job. He took a wonderful care of us and so did the rest of the staff. The hotel is beautiful, the food was perfect, the pool is great, the beach is excellent. Nothing was a problem. On the last day there was a Masai show after dinner and Johny even printed the program for us in our language! Finally we were very satisfied and we would love to spend our holiday in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overview The Hakuna Majiwe Lodge is a beautiful resort located in Paje, on the South East coast of Zanzibar. 'Hakuna Majiwe', means 'place without stones'. As individual as its name, this beach hotel has a special atmosphere, being different to other hotels. Set on a fabulous 6 kilometers white-sand palm-fringed and desert beach, cooled by the ocean breeze, it is the perfect gateway to an exotic African paradise. Accommodation The hotel consists of 20 rooms in beach bungalows, facing the ocean. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with hot water, wardrobe, double or twin beds with mosquito nets, ceiling fans and a spacious veranda. All rooms are big enough for extra beds and perfect for families. The rooms have all been individually designed to offer style, comfort and personality. Facilities The restaurant, facing the ocean, is situated under a large thatched roof which also houses the lounge and bar. Cuisine is a blend of Italian and African food. Meals are varied and generous with fresh fruits and vegetables sourced locally, a large choice of pasta, meat, fish and other seafood. The Bar is well stocked with beers, a wide selection of South African wines, cold drinks and cocktail ingredients. It serves cocktails throughout the day, in the evening offers a relaxed atmosphere for before and after dinner drinks. The perfect location for the aperitif is the delightful open-air palafitta built directly on the beach, touched by the sea, with superb views. You can lounge on sofas and enjoy cocktails or tea while admiring the horizon or the dazzling beauty of the night sky. Hukuna Majiwe houses a large fresh water swimming pool, massage corner, and boutique. In addition the hotel offers bicycle hire - a perfect way to explore the island. Environment and local community Hakuna Majiwe has an outstanding attitude towards the local community in Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ora Resort Hakuna Majiwe Hotel Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Hotel
- Hakuna Majiwe Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge Zanzibar Island/Paje