- Very friendly local staff
- beautiful, clean and wide beach
- tides make for some amazing color changes of the sea throughout the day
- pretty resort made with local material
- pretty grounds with nice vegetation
- good location away from the maddening crowd but still within a pleasant stroll to the village of Paje.
- mostly ideal for couples or families/people looking for a relaxing environment. There is no all-inclusive resort-style entertainment.
- large rooms with lovely private patio looking towads the sea and comfortable hammock
- barefoot resort with silky white sand
- good security
- The resort faces east so no idyllic sunsets but you can catch the sunrise if you are a morning person
- free wifi
Room for improvements:
Food is average. Edible but nothing to write home about apart from a couple of nights when they made some seafood and one theme night when they provided a selection of local dishes to try out.
Breakfast selection was rather poor. They could be a bit more creative with the ingredients (for example the pastries were dry and all the same; just different shapes!)
Overall I found the food a bit disappointing. Everything else was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overview The Hakuna Majiwe Lodge is a beautiful resort located in Paje, on the South East coast of Zanzibar. 'Hakuna Majiwe', means 'place without stones'. As individual as its name, this beach hotel has a special atmosphere, being different to other hotels. Set on a fabulous 6 kilometers white-sand palm-fringed and desert beach, cooled by the ocean breeze, it is the perfect gateway to an exotic African paradise. Accommodation The hotel consists of 20 rooms in beach bungalows, facing the ocean. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with hot water, wardrobe, double or twin beds with mosquito nets, ceiling fans and a spacious veranda. All rooms are big enough for extra beds and perfect for families. The rooms have all been individually designed to offer style, comfort and personality. Facilities The restaurant, facing the ocean, is situated under a large thatched roof which also houses the lounge and bar. Cuisine is a blend of Italian and African food. Meals are varied and generous with fresh fruits and vegetables sourced locally, a large choice of pasta, meat, fish and other seafood. The Bar is well stocked with beers, a wide selection of South African wines, cold drinks and cocktail ingredients. It serves cocktails throughout the day, in the evening offers a relaxed atmosphere for before and after dinner drinks. The perfect location for the aperitif is the delightful open-air palafitta built directly on the beach, touched by the sea, with superb views. You can lounge on sofas and enjoy cocktails or tea while admiring the horizon or the dazzling beauty of the night sky. Hukuna Majiwe houses a large fresh water swimming pool, massage corner, and boutique. In addition the hotel offers bicycle hire - a perfect way to explore the island. Environment and local community Hakuna Majiwe has an outstanding attitude towards the local community in Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ora Resort Hakuna Majiwe Hotel Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Hotel
- Hakuna Majiwe Paje
- Hakuna Majiwe Beach Lodge Zanzibar Island/Paje