“Love to come back”

Paje by Night Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Paje
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed a group of friends at Paje by night, while kite surfing. It´s close to the beach which was perfect for us since we didn´t have the same schedule surfing. It has all possible ways for you to relax, hammocks, sunbeds by the pool, chilling by the bon fire or just watching the world cup as we did. All of this was great, but the best part was the friendly staff and owners. We had an accident and had to go to the emergency room. PBN got someone to meet us at the hospital who then stayed with us the whole hospitalvisit, translating and even helped us get medication. In the mean time PBN was constantly checking up on us to see if they could help us in any way. We really appreciated this. We would love to come back! Thanks Nadia, Marco and the rest of the staff!

One advice though, bring cash!! There is no ATMs close by and paying with credit card usually cost 5%.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malin J
pajebynightadmin, General Manager at Paje by Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Hey Malin J,

we love you to come back too!
Thanks a lot for your nice review, our whole team sends you lots of hugs!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We spent 4 memorable nights at Paje by Night. The rooms are basic, meaning you'll find everything that you might need there, equipped with AC but you will not spend too much time in the rooms anyway. The restaurant is excellent, really had the best food in whole Tanzania here. The owner couple (Germans) is really friendly and helping, you can turn to them with all sort of requests. Try all the cocktails at the bar, or simply order them to the pool - all of them are great!
When there, visit the African BBQ (50 m from PbN) for some local fun. :)
You can take the services of the locals offering their services (scuba diving, dolphin tour, etc.) on the beach. We tried and had no trouble at all.

Room Tip: In our tiered bungalow there was no air-co downstairs. If you need one for your good sleep, do check...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RasGab

RasGab,

wonderful that you liked it!

Love from the whole (swahili, french, italian & german) crew...

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked for my son at Paje by Night in Zanzibar, while my husband and I stayed at Arabian Nights. This is a fantastic place, especially for young people. My son was very happy with his accommodation. Paje by Night is two minutes walk from the beach. It has a lovely atmosphere. It is "hip" and "cool". The garden is full of hammocks and comfortable chairs to lounge on and the pool is very inviting. The bar and lounge area has a great ambience. But ... the cherry on the top is the restaurant. We enjoyed a couple of lunches and suppers there and must give all the compliments to the chef! If any active person would like to visit Paje for a week, I would suggest that they consider taking a two-day kite surfing course at the start of their stay, then they can do as much kite surfing for the rest of the time. Paje by Night comes highly recommended!

Room Tip: The "standard plus room B&B" is recommended
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Win_V2013

Dear Win_V2013,

thank you for this beautiful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities while visiting your son.
Our chefs send you a 'high five' - they work hard and always try to improve. So good to hear that they succeeded!

All our blessings to Pretoria!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here 1 week in January. Excellent hotel, rooms are okay (not all have AC) but service is perfect. They have a nice lounge/restaurant area with good internet, excellent to hang out when you are not on the beach. The hotel is positioned 1min walk to the kitesurf spot which is one of the best in the world, although prepare for light wind conditions (bring at least a 12m kite).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElgarK
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed in PBN for three days and absolute loved it! The atmosphere, friendly staff, swimming pool, cosy rooms and most of all the chef - every single meal we ordered was fantastic, definitely the best we had on the island. Near the hotel there is a supermarket and some other shops in the village, the beach is 2 minutes away. There was some sea weed and a really huge low tide, but still it was ok, nice sandy beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

It was a verry nice stay. Good vipe, Clean, good house keeping!!! Room was fine whit wooden floor, Nice bed

In the locker for kite was the bottom rusty. So play attention wen you put your kiten in!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
pajebynightadmin, Manager at Paje by Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hey ErikG1974,
thank you so much for your review. We took your remark seriously and together with our kite centre, we changed the bottoms of the storage in order to protect even better all kite gear.
All the best,
/nadja & the crew

Reviewed March 26, 2014

During my last stay - while staying also in various hotels and hostels - I always spent most of my time at the wonderful atmosphere at Paje by Night. As I really loved the beach and island vibe as well as the kiting spot, I had to come back. That what makes Paje by Night so special are the people behind it and the good vibes between the hotel guests and the team.
This was the reason why I absolutely was looking forward to check in there this year - luckily the hotel had availability!

I was not disappointed at all and it surpassed all my expectations!

What I also have to mention the new member of the Paje by Night family - Otto. A beautiful and lovely "baby" greate dane. You will only have fund and lovely moments with him.

When I first time entered my room - I had to take pictures to make my friends jealouse in what a nice room I will spend my next days and weeks. But the rooms don't only look stylish , they also really comfortable. I slept so well, that I even didn't hear a rainstorm during one night. Anyway, the highlight of my room was the high-tech-shower, which was a gift after spending the whole day kitesurfing or doing yoga on the beach.

KITING! A MUST - for EVERYONE and EVERY LEVEL - on this stunning beach! I came with some skills in waterstart but decided to take some lessons at the hotels kite centre Paje by Kite. Instructors "super geil" and IKO-licensed, I improved quickly. After a couple of hours, I was issued the official IKO-card and could rent out equipement with the centre. Everything run smoothly, you even have beach assistance (guys helping you with the set up, starting and landing). Payment is more than easy as hotel guests can add everything on their room and settle everything at check-out.

I am really looking forward to come back to Paje by Night and its great team!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

KerstinCologne84,
you are rock'n'roll! And in the end it didn't matter that you didn't bring domenico.

We miss you and hope to see you again soon!

Smiles
/nadja & the crew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paje
Kisiwa On The Beach Resort
Zanzest Beach Bungalows
Zanzest Beach Bungalows
#5 of 13 in Jambiani
Spice Island Hotel & Resort Zanzibar

Been to Paje by Night Hotel? Share your experiences!