We stayed here on couple of occasions on october 2012. Even though we more prefer backpacker style places we felt there were some really nice things about this hotel and it was quite worth the price as Zanzibar isn't the cheapest island. We payed 75usd/night for double.
- Well decorated stylish place including rooms
- Good food at the restaurant
- Well working WiFi at the restaurant
- Really nice pool area
- Really nice garden area
- Restaurant staff seemed sometimes very lazy
- Bees at the breakfast table. Every morning our breakfast was ruined by an attack of the bees. We told the restaurant staff about this many times. They can't seem to do anything about this.
- Package tourists? A lot of families and people who just stare their iPads 90% of the time. well not the hotels fault, but sometimes we felt the atmosphere is not right for a perfect beach destination... Maybe they should make the wifi work not so well :)
All and all, the pros overcome to cons and we would definedly stay here again if visiting Paje.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paje By Night is located in Paje, along the south-east coast of the island. We are unlike any other hotel in Zanzibar. While we have white sand, palm trees and many traditional building techniques in the hotel, that is where it ends as you will find our unique personality in everything from the lamps, to light switches all the way to our very unique pool. Since Paje is one of the best kitesurfing spot on the island, most of our guests are kitesurfers however we also have some leisure travelers appreciating both the beauty of the lagoon and our eclectic style. The best months for kitesurfers go from June to September and then again from mid of December to February and at that time the beach can be quite busy. October, November, beginning of December, end of February and March are non-windy months hence perfect for leisure travelers. Beginning of June can be windy but yet not busy. Important to know we are not located right on the beach but just a minute's walk, through a path of fine white sand, will lead you there and it’s a great beach with stunning turquoise, emerald and aquamarine colours. Our kite centre and kite school are however located straight on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Paje by Night Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paje By Night Hotel Zanzibar Island