Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar
$148
$141
$85
  • Breakfast included
Hakuna Shida Guesthouse(Paje)(Great Value!)
$65
$101
$93
  • Breakfast included
Jambo Beach Bungalows(Paje)(Great Value!)
$30
$144
$114
$430
$364
All reviewsrooms are very basichot waterblue indian oceansmall bungalowsgreat resortlocal foodkite surferslow tidebar tenderwi filocal lifehundred meterspole polefresh fishmosquito netoctopusdelicious food
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I arrived at Ndame Beach Lodge after a selection I did in July. I can only say that for me (a total of 25 days spent between Kenya and Zanzibar) the Lodge was a great surprise and my perfect place for last 6 days of holidays. Alone but in peace with myself. Guests are multi-ethnics (and I am very happy for this).
I had a small bungalow so close to the sand and the beach of Paje (more than the other locations I have seen there) that I could get in few steps the seaside and the spectacular landscape (both with high or low tides). Shining white and blue colors and shades from sky, clouds, sea and sand and - with clear nights - the show of the "moonrise". Very pleasant and relaxing is the persistent sound of the ocean that clashes on the reef.
Excellent personnel (really and truely available), wonderful food (great italian style pizza) in a typical place, and very beautiful and calm "movie environment" bar for cocktails and appetizers on the beach. My preferred cocktails: Mojito and Passion Fruit Daiquiri.
Lonely, perfect location also for kitesurfing, very close to good kite schools (I am a beginner) and long walks on the sands. You can reach in few minutes the simple village of Paje (a lot of soccer matches in the afternoon ...).
Only a suggestion for NBL managers: I hope to find new bathrooms ;-). In any case, the lodge is optimum for quality/price. For sure I am going to suggest an experience at NBL to all my friends and, of course, I will be back there again.

Room Tip: Maybe better far from the reception and restaurant area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Hanseh, Owner at Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such a nice feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it's great that you have been able to appreciate Paje and our lodge in all its beauty - you were certainly lucky to have the spectacular moonrise! Our staff was happy to have you as a guest, and we always like to hear it when our guests comment on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff - they are one of our greatest assets! Not to forget the beach and our location..
We will certainly take your comments regarding the bathrooms - slowly we are renovating all rooms, and we have already made a lot of progress. We are confident that soon all our guests will find what they are looking for, including your friends, of course.
We hope to welcome you back soon!
The Ndame Beach Lodge team

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff here are lovely, the rooms generous, the food good value, the location beautiful. I found it very relaxing after a few hectic weeks on safari.
There's only one downfall as a single traveller, that is that not one other guest talked to me in two whole days! The staff were very friendly, but if you are a social person looking to meet and engage with others, this is not the place. I may have been unlucky?

• Stayed: August 2013
Hanseh, Owner at Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Salbie. Thank you for taking your time to share your observations with us and the travel community at large. You may indeed have been just unlucky, the time was maybe a bit short as well. We have a very mixed community as far as age and work experience is concerned. So often very interesting connections are made between our guests as well as some of the staff learn about a wide range of subjects through conversations. We would love to have you again and I will take personal care to connect you to fellow travelers . Kind greetings. Hans

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very well-managed hotel with cheerful, friendly staff. Rooms of good standard, ours was right on the beach. Breakfast very good. Lunch and dinner of good standard. Best pizza ever. Beautiful surroundings. Lovely place to relax, enjoy the beach, drink cocktails at sundown.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanseh, Manager at Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Jimmy, thank you very much for your feedback. We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the staff and pizzas miss you! The pizza oven keeps on working for our other guests, but it sure remembers you, just like the staff. We hope that we can see you here again one day, and we promise that we keep the food yummy, the beach cool and the atmosphere laid back and relaxing!
Have a nice day, and all the best from the Ndame Beach Lodg team...

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Zanzibar which included 7 nights at Ndame Beach Lodge. Initially we had a large family room, but this proved a little cramped for our family of 5, but we were able to move to a row of three rooms, 2 twins and a double which suited us much better. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good, and the location is just perfect - it was 10 steps from our rooms to the beach! If we return to Zanzibar we shall certainly visit Ndame again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hanseh, Manager at Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it has been great to have you as guests. We were happy to change your room - the large family rooms are usually spacious enough, but you are right - with almost grown-up kids it can be difficult! And we are very happy to hear that you appreciate our best features: the friendly staff, the wonderful beach and the yummy cuisine.
We hope that we can welcome you back some day, and if you ever return to Zanzibar: Karibuni Ndame!
The Ndame Beach Lodge team

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Ndame beach lodge. The bungalows are rustic and basic, but very clean and the beds were very good. The bungalows are situated in a nice, green garden. The breakfast and lunch/dinner, which were amazing, are served on the beach and there is a nice and charming - but not too loud - beach bar. The staff was super friendly and helpful (thumbs up!). The beach is beautiful and good sunbeds are provided. The owners were very flexible and allowed me to keep my room after check-out time (so I could take a shower before leaving) free of charge. It was a very relaxing experience (in a buzzy country) and I regret not staying there a few days longer!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking your time to provide some feedback. We appreciate any comment and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The beach and our staff are two things that all our guests love, and we like to think of these two as our main features. Not to forget the yummy food! As you agree with us, we hope that one day you will come back and visit us with your friends or your family - we loved having you as a guest, and would love to see you again! Maybe you can stay longer than a couple of days...in return we promise to keep the beach white and fine, the food delicious and the management flexible...
Have a nice day and all the best from the Ndame Beach Lodge team