We really enjoyed our stay in Ndame Beach Lodge. The rooms are basic, but all you need for some relaxing days. The team was very friendly and warm. Some members of the service-team were not well informed or a bit clumsy, but as we know it is not easy to find good personal and to coach them for european/western standards. So, have lenience with them. We had a long and inspiring talk with Hans, the manager as we travelled through the country of Tanzania for 3 months and it was good to share some impressions.
The food was also brilliant, even if the chief was not there and not only if you compare it to other restaurants in Tanzania. It was really fresh and tasty food. And, as the Lodge itself is, - very good value/money!
The beach is absolutely brilliant and it's only 20-30 metres away from your appartement door.
if you are lucky you get moderate pricing as a student. We had some nights at Teddy's Place before which is about 200m down the beach and was hyped a lot. But it was not. Ndame beats it in every single thought. The whole experience was just from another planet.
We will not forget you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ndame Beach Lodge in Paje Zanzibar has been a dream beach holiday destination for more than 8 years. Sun-seekers and Indian Ocean lovers from all over the world come to stay with us. Our 14 bungalows with 31 rooms are strung along in lush tropical gardens on the shores of one of the world's most beautiful beaches. Stretching more than 250 m along snow white beaches, where the warm, turquoise waters caress the shores. From Ndame you can start a variety of activities like swimming with the dolphins, kiting, diving, visiting the local markets, snorkeling, learning about local culture and the spices which grow here in abundance. The Arabs called it the Spice Island. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in our restaurant and bar, have a chat with interesting people from all over the world. At times we accommodate guests from more than 20 countries. A much loved highlight is our bonfire grill below the sparkling stars of the southern hemisphere. In our local style beach bar we serve you fresh fruit juices, tasty cocktails or exotic local drinks for the daring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Hotel Paje
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Paje