OchayeGlasgow below is on the spot. The beach, the bar, the food and the location is great. There are no "beach boys" on the beach, it is quiet and relaxed. However, the rooms need updating and we understood that there is an ongoing renovation, though one room at a time. We are a family and there were no newly renovated rooms even if the management had told us there would be one ready just in time to our arrival. When all romms are renovated, this place might be as close to paradise as it gets.
Zanzibar is generally overpriced. For the room we got, Ndame is also a little overpriced, even if this was probably the best beach and location that we found in Zanzibar. Small details would have made us stay the entire week: shelves in the rooms and the bathroom for example, clean curtains, ceiling fans, some variation at the breakfast (as whole wheat bread?) and maybe tiles instead of concrete on the floor. But since this was the first time in Zanzibar and Ndame, the first place, we just thought it wasn't good enough for the price we paid. What we realized later was that not many places are, but this insight will probably only make us not go to Zanzibar next time we want beach-and-ocean-vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ndame Beach Lodge in Paje Zanzibar has been a dream beach holiday destination for more than 8 years. Sun-seekers and Indian Ocean lovers from all over the world come to stay with us. Our 14 bungalows with 31 rooms are strung along in lush tropical gardens on the shores of one of the world's most beautiful beaches. Stretching more than 250 m along snow white beaches, where the warm, turquoise waters caress the shores. From Ndame you can start a variety of activities like swimming with the dolphins, kiting, diving, visiting the local markets, snorkeling, learning about local culture and the spices which grow here in abundance. The Arabs called it the Spice Island. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in our restaurant and bar, have a chat with interesting people from all over the world. At times we accommodate guests from more than 20 countries. A much loved highlight is our bonfire grill below the sparkling stars of the southern hemisphere. In our local style beach bar we serve you fresh fruit juices, tasty cocktails or exotic local drinks for the daring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Hotel Paje
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Paje