Had three good days and nights here, great spot if you're focus is on being interesting places, its a bit worn down in some ways but at 30C and 95 humidity.
Be aware that the beach opens onto a lagoon so the sea visits the near beach only twice a day, at other times you may find the need to wade throught puddles of spiky urchins (don't, wait for mid-tide and snorkel out when its 1m deep)
Ideal for a lazy stay, be prepared for rats to scurry around the restaurant roof and visitations of bats after dark (its open-air living in the tropics, get over it)
Bed creaked badly in one direction but not at all in the other, so be flexible.
Visiting in the off-season was good enough for us, you take your chances with the weather and the sea is sooooo warm. Fantastic snorkelling someplaces nearby and adjoining there are other eating options, food was good and as everyone notes, freshly cooked, if thats too good for you, or you cant survive 50 minutes of hunger then stay in the lands of McDonalds, but the food was good and well priced say $5 for a substantial seafood main course.
If you need continual pampering to be happy then this may be just too off-line for you, try something aseptic and alien ;)
Bits of memorable 'chararcter' are more noteworthy in the months of reflection that follow a good holiday, this will leave you some of those, and 'if you is white' some flaky skin from the powerful sun too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave at home all things superfluous as at Twisted Palms you will find all you need to spend the holiday: the long beach of white sand for endless walks; a hot shower to cuddle yourself after a swim in the ocean. Also a meal that merges Zanzibar's materials with professional Italian-style service awaits on our stilt house beachside restaurant Find just one good reason not to catch up with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Twisted Palms Lodge & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twisted Palms Lodge & Restaurant Hotel Bwejuu
- Twisted Palms Lodge And Restaurant
- Twisted Palms Lodge & Restaurant Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu