We stayed here for the end of our Honeymoon after a few days at The Serena in Stonetown (do not stay at Emerson and Green).
We found The Palms wonderful, relaxing and secluded and no more than 6 other guests were there at any one time during our stay - other honeymooners, older couples and an Italian family.
We had the cinammon villa which was lovely as the end one so no-one walking past, fabulous decor and spent some lazy days on the day bed and in the little cabana on the beach.
We had afternoon tea lazing in the shade, took sundowners on the porch and then struggled through so many courses - our only problem was it was so hot in Feb that we just couldn't eat it all, but beautifully presented and sooo tasty.
The sea like most of the eastern coast of Africa is not that great for swimming as urchins and seaweed - also the sea was so warm, but take the snorkelling trips out through Breezes next door which are included in your stay as the sea is so clear further out and you can laze on the boat and splash around to your hearts content.
A perfect end to the holiday. The staff were also great as my newly acquired husband had a rather bad cough and they looked after him so well (when I had lost my new wifely patience and was threatening him with the spare room)! They also arranged for us to use the Movenpick in Dar on the way back for the day rather than sweating it out in the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu