We stayed for 5 nights at The Palms....a magnificent beach side resort on Zanzibar...and were exceptionally pleased at the understated yet elegant beauty found here. The resort hosted about six rooms only...each free standing "room" was really a two room suite, completely separate units sprinkled about on a small but beautifully landscaped property. The food was exceptionally gourmet-- the service perfectly attentive without the usual stuffiness that sometimes comes with properties this upscale. Our only complaint was the TV/DVD player...very low quality equipment with significant sound/speaker issues. When we selected this property...we read all the Tripadvisor ratings and noticed issues with TV equipment reported...but since that report was awhile back we assumed it had been attended to appropriately. No luck. With daily rates this steep....one expected higher quality TV...but since we were in paradise--at any rate, the TV watching was minimal at best. We noticed how the staff really paid attention to our wants/needs....very good at anticipating customer wants/needs. One example was....we were on our honeymoon.....and the last night of our stay we went off to the delightfully romantic open air restaurant for dinner on a veranda overlooking the Super Moon that evening....a 5 piece live Arabic band playing exotic melodies....only to return to our room that night to a surprisingly romantically candle lit bathroom...bathtub filled with scented oils....and champagne on ice waiting for us. Flower blossoms floating in the water. It was beautiful and completely a surprise for us. This property is exceptionally well managed, friendly and helpful. The staff trained in customer service to a tee. We would return here at a moment's notice. Perfect honeymoon locale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu