My wife and I recently stayed for a week at The Palms on Zanzibar - and have to say that it is the best resort we have ever stayed at.
Apart from the wonderful location, the small number of cottages (6) and the incredibly peaceful surroundings, we were absolutely amazed at the quality of service, the food and the wonderful hospitality shown by staff at all levels. The General Manager (Siriak) needs to be complimented for his extraordinary attention to detail and we noticed that he was available at all times to make sure that we were relaxing and enjoying our stay. He was amazing. Our wait staff were equally attentive - Kibalabala, Vuai, Robert and Fatuma - and we have never been so spoilt as we were this past week.
A special mention also needs to be made to the hidden wonder of a chef - William. To him and his team (Moosa, Ngwale and others), the food you prepared has equalled or surpassed anything we have eaten from anywhere around the world. The cherry on the cake was the cooking demonstration William and Ngwale gave us the one lunchtime !
The cottages are very large, well-appointed and the wifi in each cottage ensures that you are able to communicate as needed with the outside world. TV - there was just no time for it and, anyway, who wants to watch TV when you are in such idyllic surroundings. Housekeeping were also attentive and our thanks to them for keeping it spotless and well maintained. They never disturbed us once for cleaning and everything just happened.
This is not going to be our last visit to The Palms and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting Zanzibar and wanting to relax and be very well looked after in idyllic surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu