Booked through UK operator (Real Africa) and was 2nd week of 2 week Honeymoon (first week was Safari in Tanzania).
Overall this place is fantastic and the perfect honeymoon destination. Saying that there were a few families enjoying themselves there as well!
The location, rooms, beach and general quality of food was excellent. The food is on a 7 day rota but they really make an effort and the restuarant manager should be congratulated. Each night the staff wore different outfits to match the theme for the evening along with the table settings. Food was always high quality and a nice mix between buffet and a la carte. We did half board but would suggest looking into full board prices as we ended up eating there most lunchtimes. The lobster at lunchtime was sensational !!
The loungers in the beach area did have umbrellas and whilst there are not enough to go around we never seemed to have a real problem getting one, without having to get up at the crack of dawn! No real shade or breeze by the pool. Hard core sun bathers only there!
The rooms were very good and the mini bar reasonably priced. Like everyone we asked for a sea view and whilst there are only 12 rooms that truly do get one (numbers 1-12 if you want to try and pre book) we could see the sea from our patio (room 34). Doesnt matter too much though. the gardens and grounds are very attractive and well kept, and we even saw a bush baby one night on the way to dinner.
I never found the reception service rude at all and even organised for friends of ours to join us for dinner one evening from another hotel.
Ive only given it 4 out of 5 for a few very minor reasons that in no way spoilt the overall holiday because the place is excellent:
1) because it is expensive to stay there and despite being able to get most drinks cheaply they still charge European prices for it. not a rip off but I imagine their margin is huge.
2) Unlike the Serena hotels we stayed in they only put one bottle of water in your room to brush your teeth with. Any 5 star hotel would supply more than that and rely on their clientele to spend the money elsewhere rather than almost force them to buy more expensive drinking water for their room.
3) the staff are excellent and overall their English is very good, but they are a little programmed in their training and if your answers to their questions deviate in any way from the norm then confusion reigns ! More effort should be made by the hotel to help the staff improve their English. its only fair to them. They do an excellent job.
To repeat as a honeymoon destination after a Safari it is a delight, the few negative points are very minor and we were gutted to leave! They have a lot of honeymooners there and do make the effort for you with little freebies throughout the week, which is a nice touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu