After eight nights on safari we arrived at Breezes for six nights of relaxation and got it. Our transport from the hotel was waiting for us at the airport and whisked us through the crowded streets and villages to a warm welcome and cold drink. After checking in at reception we were shown to our room which was at the rear of the property through pretty gardens. We just dumped our cases and headed for dinner which was table service. Everything was explained on entering the dining room and the food was lovely. The meals are alternative buffet and table service which was a nice change from getting up to get your own food every night. Plenty of choice and all the food we enjoyed. Breakfast had plenty of choice and I just loved the pancakes and fresh fruit and juices. Waiting staff were friendly and as i had learnt a few words of Swahili one of the waiters taught me some more. In the evening there was entertainment whilst you were eating and as the restaurant was open sided there was always a lovely breeze.
The pool area was nice with plenty of sunbeds around also plenty of sunbeds on the beach area, no need to put towels down at dawn!
Staff were all very friendly with management presence all the time around the property.
Food and drinks were available from your sunbed so you didn't have to move if you didn't want to.
We were leaving the hotel a day early so we could stay in Stone Town the night before we left for the UK and as we would miss one of our evening meals were given a voucher to have lunch on the day we left.
Our room was spacious with good a/c, two large twin netted beds. Couple of power cuts but generator cut in almost immediately. No tv which we didn't miss anyway. Nice couch to chill on and cool off in the room and chairs on the patio with a stand to dry clothes.
My daughter used the on-site diving company but it was so windy her first dives were in the lagoon as they couldn't get over the reef followed the next day getting over the reef but very rough but she enjoyed the dives and the staff of the centre seemed very friendly.
Nice bar areas with a good supply of cocktails and snacks.
The beach is tidal which leads to some interesting walks out on the reef with the local villagers. There are a few beach stalls selling paintings, etc but we were never hassled into buying anything, there are also some Maasai selling jewellery, etc at the far end of the beach by the pier.
Windsurfing is available from the hotel.
We loved this hotel for the total relaxation it gave, no loud music, games, tv, just peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu