Having had a really busy work year - this holiday was my reward - and oh boy, I really lucked out:). Yes, it is really as beautiful as the pictures! We stayed for 10 days in November - the weather was absolutely fantastic - so hot that without the sea breeze, it would have been unbearable to sit in the sun.
The resort is built to ensure that you come back really relaxed. The staff are pretty amazing, they get to know your likes (caipirihas and Kili's for me!), generally on the beach or delivered right at the edge of the pool (thanks Kassim, Celestina, Sharida, Beatrice and Hussein). We were even provided with an icebucket for our Kili's to take onto the beach for a spot of stargazing and crab chasing! A really special call out to Dorah, was always ensured that we were looked after, had some great stories and a wonderful smile always! Asante Sana Dorah - I miss you already! The staff also taught us some Swahili - so we used to have some fun and it also came in handy the day we went to Stone Town!
We generally did lunch at the pool bar, mainly as they have amazing sofa's, a great choice of food - especially the daily specials - which over 10 days never had the same thing on the menu. For dinner I was always amazed at the choice of food; and each evening the theme of the restaurant changed, so it never got boring. Dorah and Suileman normally looked after us in the restaurant, service was great, never ever feeling rushed and the food was abundant, of a high standard, we especially looked forward to the Arabian night and acrobats! Ayman, thanks for all the fun you gave us - and for ensuring we were looked - especially appreciated the cold towel while waiting for the transfer out:-)
Our days were mainly spent sailing, reef walking and diving (which was amazing - great dive team with a load of craic on the diving days!)- there is an amazing beach walk that you can do - a real feeling that your on the set of Paradise, the movie. I see that some reviews talked about the tide - yes it's tidal - but we managed to do water-sports so don't let that put you off. We also did some massages at the spa - the spa to amazing - got a frangipani special for 75 mins and felt like a new woman at the end of it!
The grounds, all public areas and rooms were amazing - a total feeling of being in Africa - loved the local carved wooden touches - could easily have stayed for another 2 weeks.
We were lucky enough to be there for the moon rise - first time I have ever seen one - the team did a great moonrise party on the beach - feel very privileged to have seen it. I could write a book on this place - but don't want to spoil your experience & surprises that the team have ready for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu