We LOVED our few days at Upepo on the gorgeous island of Zanzibar. Here are the reasons:
1. It's remote and very quiet. A real getaway! You won't see or hear many other people.
2. The food was fresh and lovely. Fish, fruit, amazing lobster!
3. The service was above and beyond what we expected. The manager Mohammed (and his crew) was irresistibly sweet and happy to do anything possible to make our stay fun.
4. Gorgeous snorkeling in the lagoon of a boat with Ramadan and Haji.
5. Riding bikes on the beach was super fun. Walking for miles is great too.
6. The water was so aquamarine and warm it was heavenly. Wish I was there now.
7. Our little cabana was right on the powdery sandy beach.
This place is not for people who want the usual western amenities. The showers are cold water, not sure their is wifi everywhere (we didn't care), no AC (we didn't need it. ), when it's windy in January it gets pretty sandy. For us, this was a real get-away. We loved it. Thanks guys!
By the way.. the review by mkpatt2 says it all very well. thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upepo Boutique Beach Bungalows offers the convenience of a hotel with private bungalows on the beach and a great breakfast included in the price. Set on a long white sand beach on the East Coast of Zanzibar, we offer a quiet safe environment to relax. Enjoy opportunities for snorkeling, diving, kite-surfing, or rent a bike and explore on your own. Our restaurant uses fresh local ingredients and serves Zanzibar dishes as well as International favorites. Follow us on Instagram: upepo_zanzibar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Upepo Boutique Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Upepo Boutique Beach Bungalows Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu