We stayed at Anna of Zanzibar after a week-long safari as part of our honeymoon. The place is absolutely made for honeymooners -- the private villas are really very private, being served 3 meals a day whenever you want wherever you want (pool, beach, private veranda, lounge area) is heaven, the spa and masseuse are incredible, and all of the staff were incredibly accommodating and helpful. Niccy, the manager, is very friendly and takes great care of all her guests and Michael, the owner, is really welcoming as well. Our waiter, David, was always smiling and friendly (and spoke surprisingly great English). The masseuse at the spa on site gives incredible massages and is very warm. Plus, the spa treatments are pretty affordable compared to the U.S. And finally, Mr. Bean, the resort dog, is just about the sweetest dog I have ever met. At the resort, they really went out of their way to make sure everything we could possibly wish for was provided - on multiple nights after dinner, we wanted to lay out and stare at the stars, so the staff went and found the cushions for the lounge chairs by the pool and by the beach and made us comfortable with drinks and hookah. On our last night there, the staff prepared a huge seafood feast for us in a romantically decorated gazebo -- they even used palm leaves to weave floral archways to decorate the entrance to the gazebo. The whole experience was completely amazing, and we wish we could have stayed another 1-2 days. There were only 2 down-sides: 1) the mosquitoes. I don't imagine they are any worse at Anna versus any other resort in Zanzibar, but be prepared at night, because they are definitely aggressive and annoying. Anna can spray down your villa to get rid of them while they are doing turn-down service, but there's no way to avoid them outside at night. 2) the excursions. Anna of Zanzibar seems to outsource these to other companies. We did a sunset dhow ride (total disaster in every way), snorkeling trip (ok, but the guides provided zero instructions even though we were very inexperienced, and seemed like they were more interested in having their own fun than in helping us), Stone Town tour (seemed like they weren't expecting us when we arrived in Stone Town and found us a tour guide last minute), and spice farm tour (this was actually pretty fun and executed well). As a trend, it seemed like the guides for these excursions spoke very poor English and did not really have a service-oriented mentality the way that the staff at Anna did. If we could do it over, we would probably have stayed longer and just stayed within the resort at Anna for more of the time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private and exclusive boutique hotel with 5 superb villas only. Situated on the east coast of Zanzibar with a beautiful beach. Swimming pool, spa, bar, restaurant with superb seafood. Activities include diving, fishing, boat trips and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Anna of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Of Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Anna Of Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu