A friend and I stayed here after a trip on the mainland which included a hike up Mount Kilimanjaro. This was the perfect place to rest, unwind and relax. We truly felt like royalty from the moment we arrived. I can't comment on whether there are better places on the island but Anna's was perfect for us. The staff were amazing, always helpful and did everything for you with a smile.
The beach was raked and maintained every day (be pre-warned the water here isn't overly great for swimming, although I don't think there are many places on the island that are). Instead of swimming we were tempted to go out at low tide and explore the water, however we couldn't get out of our beach chairs because we were so relaxed!
The food was superb. Three a la carte meals are served each day (no buffet here) and there was always a great selection whether you wanted vegetarian, meat or fish. (My favourites were a minced meat curry and a calamari dish with eggplant. Or maybe it was the barracuda... or maybe the tuna...?) Meals could be served wherever you wished, whether at the beach, by the pool, in the main lodge or even on your room's patio.
My thanks to everyone at Anna's for making our stay so wonderful. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet, peaceful spot to spend a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private and exclusive boutique hotel with 5 superb villas only. Situated on the east coast of Zanzibar with a beautiful beach. Swimming pool, spa, bar, restaurant with superb seafood. Activities include diving, fishing, boat trips and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Anna of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Of Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Anna Of Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu