We have spent several months searching ideal location for our honeymoon. Zanzibar and Baraza turned out to be our choice due to its exoticism, location, recommendations, quality and value. Almost everything about this resort was perfect or almost perfect.
Baraza organized very efficient transfer from the airport upon our arrival. After one hour drive we were warmly welcomed by the cold towels and drinks at the lobby, which looked absolutely impressive. Our villa host Nash greeted us and made a quick tour around the resort finishing at our Ocean View Villa.
The interiors of the villa and common areas were absolutely stunning. Everything starting from towels and ending to staff's uniforms were perfectly clean. The resort's landscape was amazing with so many wonderful palms and beautiful gardens.
The pool area was very well maintained as well as the beach where each villa (or almost all of the villas) has reserved sun loungers. The ocean in the beginning of June was warm enough, however not very clean because of some garbage and seaweed.
Service was very attentive and unobtrusive, very often with personal touch. Food was delicious even when we asked for some diet simple meal as steamed rice and chicken. The Beach Menu options with paninis and burgers were to die for, as well as the desserts.
However, despite all the brilliance, there are still a couple of minor things to be improved:
1. the beach is well cleaned by the staff, but when in comes to low-tide plenty of garbage could be found in the ocean. I think the resort may do this extra to clean the sand during low tides, cause plastic bags, bottles etc don't look attractive to the guests making the walks to the reef;
2. one of the biggest problems of the resort is very slow wi-fi connection. It was almost impossible to use Internet sometimes, the connection broke up too often, downloading a movie was a huge issue;
3. Frangipani SPA is very good with two masseuses from Thailand doing their primary job wonderful. However, apart from massages they handled all body treatments, manicures etc. My wide tried manicure and was far from good. Obviously, the resort may afford to increase the number of SPA staff;
4. There is shisha in the resort's bar, but nobody at the hotel can make it properly. They need either to find professional who would train them to make it right or not to offer it at all.
Despite these small cons we would definitely recommend Baraza to everyone. They doesn't make the rating Very Good, it is still Excellent, but if the management handles the described issues properly the resort would be absolutely exceptional.
Special thanks go to Nash, Lucy, Raza and Kalei who did their best to treat us.
A couple of words about the mosquitos, since many people worry about them: there were some in June, but it was not a huge problem. We have got some 4 or 5 bites during 7 nights stay only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful resort evokes the heritage of Zanzibar dating back to the era of the Sultans. A fusion of Arabic, Swahili and Indian design, with beautiful arches, hand carved cement décor, beautiful antiques, hand made furniture and intricate brass lanterns, Baraza offers unparalleled standards of luxury on the Island of Zanzibar. Baraza has set a unique standard of luxury accommodation on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Baraza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baraza Hotel Bwejuu
- Baraza Resort And Spa
- Baraza Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu