“Awesome place to Stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robinson's Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bwejuu
Robinson's Place
You added Robinson's Place to your Saves list
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bwejuu
Dar es Salaam
“Awesome place to Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one week at the Robinson's place hotel.
It was an amazing moment for me and I enjoyed a lot being there due to the Hospitality and super cool services that was provided to me by Ann and Eddie.
I had very nice sea food and others also fresh fruits direct from their farm.
They offered me a bike that i did some rides and get to know and visit other places on my time being there.
I miss the place so much and I wish and hope to be there any time I am in Zanzibar.

Room Tip: Any room is awesome.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richard N

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

As the name implies, Robinson's is a tropical low-tech/no-tech paradise. I stayed here with my (Dutch) parents, brother, sister in law and my teenage niece and nephew for two weeks and would have stayed forever if we could have. I was worried that the teenagers (avid facebookers & twitterers) would hate it because there is no electricity, but they loved it. I felt more relaxed than I had in years. The proprietors, Ann and Eddie, are truly committed to their vision for an enterprise that has a positive impact on both the environment as well as on the local community. They are also just lovely, lovely people! Eddie cooked a delicious dinner most nights and let us know in the morning if he wasn't planning to cook that day so that we could make other plans (there are many good restaurants nearby). We were able to rent bicycles for trips to Paje and beyond, and Eddie & Ann also helped to organise doplphin watching, snorkeling, and spice tours. After finishing three months of work in Tanzania last week I was hopinng to spend some R&R time at Robinson's but found the place closed for a sabattical. I hope Eddie & Ann enjoy their well-deserved time off and come back refreshed and ready to open up again soon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip and really liked this place. We had the 'tree house' which was right next to the beach and looked out at sea. The bungalows have a thatched roof and are open at the front, so it's a real treat to fall asleep to the sound of the sea. There is no electricity which added charm to the stay- lighting was provided through lamps and a solar powered light. The location of this place is also good- there were some nice hammocks and loungers on the beach located in front of our bungalow.

The owner Eddie was really welcoming and cooked a delicious dinner which we had with the other guests on the first night of our stay, sitting on the floor to candle light.

Bwejuu itself is beautiful. It felt much less touristed than some of the other places we visited, like Kendwa and Nungwi. But this also means it is very quiet with a much smaller selection of places to eat or have drinks at- although we really enjoyed this at the end of our trip but it might not be to everyone's taste.

The only drawback is the beach which is tidal- like most of the beaches on the east coast. There is a very short 'window' of time when the tide is in. We found that at the time of our visit at high tide the water was still only up to our waist. You would have to go quite a distance out in order for it to get any deeper, so I would recommend bringing reef shoes so as to avoid stepping on sea urchins (which we were warned about - but never saw any).

This was a great place to stay in for a few nights, the back-to-nature feel of this place was really special.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJ_1984
Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Have just visited Robinson's Place over the New Year with three visitors from Scotland (first time in Africa for them), my husband who has been in Africa for over 10 years, and I've lived here for 4 (Uganda). We were all blown away by how amazing this hotel was... we couldn't have asked for anything more.

It's plainly adverstised as simple on the website, ie: no power and communal, family style meals. We were incredibly impressed with Eddie's cooking (the owner) and loved the way we were served and also the overall atmosphere of each evening meal. We chose to eat there every night even though there were plenty of restaurants along the beach to go to. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and incredible value... our Scottish visitors could not BELIEVE how cheap it was. We had the main house for 5 of us... it was huge, and perfect. Ann and Eddie were entirely professional, organized, and amazing fun... they made our New Year's Eve and also the rest of our week! Our visitors truly believed they had landed in paradise, and having visited the island numerous times before myself and having never returned to the same place because each one disappointed, I will forever stay at Robinsons from here on in. Paradise indeed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heetha
mtundu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I've been coming to Zanzibar for 17 years and this was a great experience. Eddie and Ann were awesome in providing a great stay.

Check it out!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I've stayed two times at this place and both times really liked it. It is quite close to perfect. Basic, no electricity, but nice and clean rooms, you are literally on the beach, and the athmosphere is perfect. The only thing ir to be relaxed is you don't get want you book (both times I got different styles of rooms than what I booked over the phone).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I must say that Robinsons is living up to its promise. Totally relaxed with a nice shady area off the beach. The rooms are basic but very clean. Both Ann and Eddie were very hospitable and friendly. The breakfast with wonderful fresh fruit and french toast and in the evenings very tasty fresh fish. If you do not need all the luxury of an all-inclusive resort: this is the place to be. Price - quality is very good, we very much enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bwejuu
Evergreen Bungalows
Zanzibar Retreat Hotel
#1 of 5 in Matemwe
5.0 of 5 stars 374 reviews
Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar

Been to Robinson's Place? Share your experiences!