The architecture, the ambiance, the style, the staff, the food, the rooms and the service, everything about this hotel is FABULOUS. The property is vast, the rooms well appointed and has a lovely jetty restaurant among other nice restaurants, an amphitheater, infinity pools among other attractive facilities and is on the sea front. The beach area is on one side of the property and you might want to take a golf cart to access it but once there, you will be glad you did; a private beach, beach volleyball and other sports, private cabanas, beach bar e.t.c.
I must mention how large their rooms are and the bathrooms as well and the outside shower is a must. We were on All Inclusive and I found that very helpful because the property is in a somehow secluded remote part of Zanzibar, there isn't much going on outside the hotel premises.
We enjoyed every bit of our stay and this hotel is a true 5 star with a touch of class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa