We stayed in Melia for 2 nights (Me, Wife and 1 yr Old) The Welcome was warm, the ambiance was excellent and the rooms were worth it. We had booked Garden Rooms but since the Terrace Rooms above us were empty the Management was kind enough to upgrade us. All three meals were good (I wouldn't say Awesome) however the deserts were always to die for. The management staff and supervisors were going out of their way to make our experience worthwhile, however, it was the support staff and waiters who pissed us off every now and then giving us a kind of an attitude which makes you feel they're doing us a favor by serving us, and they never smiled. All in all, the experience was good, would I go again to Melia? Of course Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Jovago.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa