There's no much more to add to what has been said in previous comments.
A great hotel, great location, great service, fabulous people.
It's only fair to recognize the work of several members of the staff (I think it's a first time in my comments I do this) Swimming pool bar: Regina, Veronika, Mosses. Gabi Beach and restaurant: Betty, Suleiman, MD. Room cleaning: Evelyn. Restaurant Vyiine. Swimming pool: I can't remember how to spell his name but sounds something like Sidaly (sorry I just coudn't read the badge properly).
I also have to mention Cesar, from the hotel senior management, a very customer focused and solutions driven professional.
Things to know:
- If you are in a all inclusive program, you'll have to pay your last lunch (checkout at 12.00), I think they should rethink this policy.
- From what was told to us at our arrival, we were there in their low season (end of April). That means some restaurants may be closed. While we understand this fact, we were never warned about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa