We spent two weeks in January 2013 at the Melia on the Zanzibari East coast. The hotel is very well managed, with highly motivated staff (partly from Germany). The food was superb, in particular the indian style buffets of the
nepalese-indian chef. The two Kasach/Russian musicians entertained us with classical vocal and violin pop music and were never boring even after two weeks. To reach the beach, you have to take the golf car unless you are fit enought for a 30 minutes walk along the beach (during low tide) or on a conrete path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa