We've only just left and I'm using the free wifi at Zanzibar airport (little traveller tip!) to say what an amazing time we spent at Melia.
The hotel grounds are stunning. It's huge and so well landscaped with gorgeous vistas of the Indian Ocean. The food in the main restaurant and other bars/restaurants is great too with enough variety to keep our 5 day stay interesting.
The rooms are spacious and the modern bathrooms are probably the highlight with an indoor and outdoor shower area.
Gabi Beach (the hotel beach) is fantastic as well. While here we travelled to beaches in Kendwa, Paje, Jambiani and Pongwe as we wanted to be sure to have have seen the top beaches and can honestly say that Gabi was the best by far in terms of beauty and furniture/cabanas etc... We were here in low season though so all of them were quiet and relaxing so if you are looking for crowds and parties/excitement we can't really comment!
My only negative comment is the service is a little slow but that seems to just be the pace of life on the island in general, and our telephone wasn't working properly either with so much static it could by be used or with no dial tone. But despite these minor hiccups we would def recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa