“Very nice hotel in unique location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Zanzibar

Melia Zanzibar
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Kiwengwa
Dubai
“Very nice hotel in unique location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stay at Melia Zanzibar for week in March.
Review a lot of information before to come about the Hotel and the destination, we were pleasently surprised in everything. Zanzibar is very beautiful place with wonderful nature.
The Hotel is located on the first line of the Ocean, the territory is very big but comfortable. We were greeted by very friendly Reception staff and quick escorted to the room.
The room had spectacular ocean view, very big bathroom with all necessary amenities, comfortable bed with amazing light curtains around. Room was clean every day according all standards.
The Hotel exceed our expectation in food selection, every meal was very tasty and fresh. Especially we liked Indian Dinner at Main buffet restaurant and breakfast food selection with fresh juices, pineapples, mango. There was alive music on the Restaurant terrace every evening, very nice touch.
Hotel staff in every outlet is very polite, friendly and taking good care of you.
In every Bar it is very good selection of imported alcohol and soft drinks.
The territory of hotel very well organized, clean, with ocean view from the main pool.
We will definitly recommend the Hotel to all friends and would like to come back!
Thank you Melia Zanzibar for great, relax vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saurabh T
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Melia Zanzibar. I have taken the liberty of sharing your positive compliments and feedback to the rest of the team; especially on the food, outlets, rooms, grounds, ambience, live music, friendliness of the staff and general services at large. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be of most convenience to you during your stay.

As you mentioned that Zanzibar is very beautiful place with wonderful nature, it is very true and I would like to assure you that, among other beautiful things, Melia Zanzibar is very unique; we have our own style which makes us different.

We are very proud that we were the one to exceed your expectations with our outstanding services. We do believe that you will be a good ambassador to your friends and family telling them about Melia Zanzibar. This is truly a thumb up endorsement for us which we carry along to reach the highest place in hospitality industry.

Should you find yourself back to the Island, please don’t hesitate to contact us as we remain at your disposal.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dar es salaam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

You guys are amazing! We had a great time over the Easter break at Melia Zanzibar! Everything from the party at the Jetty and Gabi Beach party was awesome. Pool bar service was great, many congrats to Mr. Mohamed and his team! You guys are something else. Without forgetting our swift booking experience for accommodation as well as Gabi Beach party Cabana which was done by the wonderful and professional lady Rukia. Customer services and assistance that we got from Mr. Cesar was great as well. Thank you all, we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Romance ocean front pavilion are most romantic rooms as the name suggest!
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from the Spicy Island of Zanzibar!
Thank you for trusting Melia Zanzibar to be your recent Easter break destination. Your constructive and positive remarks are of great importance to us, we take them as a tool which pushes us to deliver more and meet our guest's expectations.

We are overwhelmed to hear that you discovered what Melia Zanzibar is capable of, initially you were left relaxed and rejuvenated after spending time with us. Amazing part of it is the way you enjoyed the party at the Jetty and Gabi Beach, and also that you loved pool services. I have taken the liberty to share your sincere feedback with the team, especially all mentioned team members. We have a very professional team of which you can trust to bring endless and unforgettable memories.

Our aim and mission is to create the perfect oasis combined with tranquillity and make sure our guests receive services and care they deserve.

Thank you once again for your presence and wish to welcome you again on your next break.

Kindest Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The scenery is great, but the service is not of a 5 stars. The food also is not great. The staff is not well trained. On the pool side there are no enough waiters. When you finally get to order drinks or food, it take forever to get served. I was disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kifita485
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Melia Zanzibar and that you loved our hotel.

On a different note, I sincerely do apologize for were we lacked in details to meet your expectations during your stay. Regards the performance of our staffs, please be assured that, we provide a continuous training sessions to make sure the expected service to our guests is met. Melia Zanzibar as an International Company, we give priority to employ local staff and train them to meet our standards. It is very unfortunate that you didn’t feel and experience that. However, I have taken the liberty to share your comments with my team and we will work on your comments to avoid future occurrences.

While hoping to welcome you in the near future, I remain at your disposal!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fantastic resort on East Coast. The service and quality of this place was fanatastic. The staff from check in to Security staff were great! I want to especially recognize John who was working the Service desk, he was unbelievable ; friendly, helpful and always smiling. He is a great asset to the hotel.
We had a Romance Pavilion which while pricey was definitely worth it! The food and drink quality was great and we had a all-inclusive package that met all of ur needs included.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDNGlobalWanderers
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for choosing Meliá Zanzibar as your “hide away” as well for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience.
I would like to send my gratitude appreciation for selecting our resort as your preferred destination and that you had the opportunity to taste our products. On behalf of team, I am pleased to hear your honest and constructive feedback concerning our services.

Guests are priority to us and that is why we go extra miles to bring the touch and meet their needs. We pride ourselves that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and made your holiday a memorable one.
Once again thank you so much for thumb up endorsement whilst looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want a relaxing break, this is definitely the place to go. We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Melia. The hotel was quite luxurious. We were expecting to upgrade when we got there, but the basic room was so comfortable we didn't need to and we have no idea what they would do to improve the room, which was spacious, well decorated and furnished and had a fabulous bathroom, easily as big as the bedroom. The view was magical,looking across we'll tended gardens to a view of the Indian Ocean. We used the all inclusive package, which was perfectly adequate, usually there was plenty of choice in the buffet, pool bar and gabi beach. The pool was perfect with views down to the jetty bar, the beach which is a 2 km walk from the hotel ( there is a buggy service which we didn't have wait long for) is a lovely place to relax. You have to walk a long way to be able to swim at low tide, and need to watch out for sea urchins, but that all just added to the mix and was still lovely. Drinks and tapas at the jetty bar is a great place to watch the stars from in the evening. The staff were very attentive, Mary John looked after us well at the pool side, and the staff in the main restaurant were also very helpful and happy. We felt very safe, which didn't surprise us considering the number of security personnel around. The spa was great, except for one of their staff being on holiday so no waxing available!! The massages were lovely! The only down side was that being so far from stone town and banks made changing money difficult, we had dollars, but not small enough denominations to leave tips, and getting hold of Tanzanian shillings, again in small denominations was difficult. If you choose this hotel, book a night in stone town too to be able to see the island a little more, it's easy just to relax at the hotel, and miss put on a very interesting island. Trips out start early, not conducive to relaxation, but definitely a must. Loved it, so want to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drfitz47
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent feedback about your stay at Melia Zanzibar. Great to read you found our hotel very luxurious offering attractive, good value and that you could take advantage of all its benefits. We are happy you found especially the breakfast, meal plans, fabulous rooms with all décor inside and amazing part of it is the services from all personnel around. I have taken the liberty to share your feedback with the team especially with those mentioned areas.

Melia Zanzibar Team is committed to deliver and exceed our guest expectations at all given times. This is truly the tool which makes us climb higher and be different in the Island.

We appreciate you very so much, hoping to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My stay at the Melia Zanzibar was good, but of course it could have been amazing. The location is good, in a quiet area of Zanzibar Island, far from the nearest town, which to me was good but not to some people - just pointing out. The room is very spacious, comfortable, with a lot of storage space. The bathroom is not only comfortable and beautiful, but also huge. I dare say it's the better than the bedroom itself. The premises are very large, so I had to walk a few minutes to get to the main building, where the restaurant and reception are. Breakfast was average, as well as the Club Sandwich I ordered from room service, but the price reflected the quality. The infinity pool is very nice and the staff were very helpful and attentive. Their private beach is not at the hotel itself and is beautiful and quiet (at least when I was staying).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor, so you can open the door and enjoy "your garden".
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a delightful review concerning your recent holiday at Melia Zanzibar. We are pleased that you found your stay with us to be the best experience in Zanzibar that you have had. I have shared your comments with our team which has lifted their spirit of working harder.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next stay with us

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The hotel it self is very nice (nice pool, the jetty is great and the rooms in general are very good). My room the shower could use at two spots new paint, but this is really minor issues.

The food at the buffet was good, nothing special. The snacks at the jetty and at Gabi Beach were very good.

So far I would give the Hotel 4 points, but I experienced to many flaws in regards of the service so it is just 3. Some examples:
I arrived quite late in the evening and the restaurant was just closed. They were surprised that i wanted something to eat (booked AI). Luckily I good at the end a quarter chicken with some rice.
They were very slow with preparing drinks and I had to sign for every single drink I ordered, it is just annoying.
I asked to stay one our longer in my room because my shuttle to the airport would be after the check out. I asked every day and they told me, come back next day. On my last morning I asked again, and they told me: I should sign-up for their membership, then I can stay longer. As i declined that, they told me I can't stay longer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AufDerFlucht
John E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Zanzibar, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at Melia Zanzibar. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

On a different note, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and made your stay uncomfortable. Concerning the performance of our staffs, please be assured that, we provide a continuous training sessions on a weekly basis to make sure the expected service to our guests is met. Melia Zanzibar as an International Company, we give priority to employ local staff and train them to meet our standards. It is very unfortunate that you didn’t experience that. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with my team and we will work on your comments to avoid future occurrences.

In regards to Scuba and hotel facilities information, all guests are given these information upon arrival. If they need anything further assistance our Guest Desk and Front Office are always at their disposal. It is very sad that we didn’t receive any complain at the time you were here.

I will appreciate to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiwengwa
Zanzi Resort
Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est
Next Paradise Boutique Resort
Next Paradise Boutique Resort
#1 of 6 in Pwani Mchangani

Been to Melia Zanzibar? Share your experiences!