My stay at the Melia Zanzibar was good, but of course it could have been amazing. The location is good, in a quiet area of Zanzibar Island, far from the nearest town, which to me was good but not to some people - just pointing out. The room is very spacious, comfortable, with a lot of storage space. The bathroom is not only comfortable and beautiful, but also huge. I dare say it's the better than the bedroom itself. The premises are very large, so I had to walk a few minutes to get to the main building, where the restaurant and reception are. Breakfast was average, as well as the Club Sandwich I ordered from room service, but the price reflected the quality. The infinity pool is very nice and the staff were very helpful and attentive. Their private beach is not at the hotel itself and is beautiful and quiet (at least when I was staying).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa