Hi I stayed here from the 28th December - 7th January. Most of the staff are wonderful especially the lovely lady who made beautiful animals out of the towels every day to display on our beds and the guys who drive the golf carts. The food was lovely, however if you are a vegetarian there is very little to select from the menu, however they will cater for you if you ask. The one drawback is that the beach is a good walk away. Golf carts are provided but get quite busy late in the evening.
P.S. Don't get ill, it cost $100 to get into visit the Dr. before any treatment!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Jovago.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa