After our safaris my husband and I stayed in this beautiful resort in a villa with a private pool and butler service (a big Thank You to Adili and Amina) - it was absolutely worth it: a life-lasting experience! We had a fantastic week with absolute privacy when needed. The other rooms are generously spread on the Grunds, situated in a beautiful garden which is perfectly taken care of. There is also a large infinity pool. The food in all 3 restaurants was varied and good - something for everybody - and much too much temptations. The management team always had an open ear for suggestions, is constantly trying to improve things and takes a lot of efforts to train the local staff (sometimes the serving of the drinks was a bit slow). However, at the end of the week they knew our wishes before we requested! Only the woman at the guest services was always late and not very friendly. The tapas in the Jetty restaurant under a sky full of stars were gorgeous! Gabi Beach is a bit far although they take you there with some electric golf cars; and swimming in the sea is only possible when the tide is high, but this is true for the whole west coast (due to the coral reef). If we decide to spend some time in Zanzibar once again, we'll definetely choose Melia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa