Melia! Melia! Melia! What a fantastic location seafront and in the middle of the most beautiful exotic gardens I have ever seen. The air is naturally fragranced by the flowers, birds chirping wherever you go, very private and exclusive rooms.
I was immediately upgraded to a suite as there were no normal rooms left and it was quite simply breathtaking.
Do not miss: a massage at the thai spa, dinner and drinks at the jetty with live music, lady brigitte to get you out and about on a day trip. Don't miss stone town!
Gabi beach is also fantastic.
Food was always good and varied. I would have personally liked to see some healthy diet options, maybe at aqua. Otherwise you can forget being on a diet here - too many temptations!!
Would have liked to see a dvd library for guests and more books in the library...but I am sure all of this is coming.
Doctor's clinic is available at the melia but very expensive, I would recommend you bring your own medicines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa