We spent 11 nights [Romance Pavilion] at Melia, Zanzibar.
This hotel which could be great fails to deliver on some simple things such as the food (which is similar to what you would find in a good company's cafeteria), the pest control (there are too many flies in the restaurants, especially “Spice Market”, and mosquitoes in the main library upstairs). In addition, the hotel workers need to be better trained in handling customers and not just taking down messages and not returning some calls. Don’t get me wrong they aren’t rude or obnoxious, but are unable to act as you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
Furthermore, the hotel had too many power interruptions while we were there. I heard that the other rooms in the Hotel (not the Romance Pavilions) have UPS for the TVs. Not for us though! We had to put up with our TVs going on and off anytime the power went.
Our best hotel workers were, Mary [Spice Market] and Ceaser. The one we would fire without losing any sleep is a guy called Jan. Having said that we had plenty of fun on this trip! The hotel was clean (bathrooms, towels, pool area etc), and well built. The Tennis Court was OK (although I suggest you go with your equipment and some balls).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is the perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa