We stayed as a family at the Mellia between Christmas and New year. The hotel was excellent. Right from the check in to check out everything went smoothly thanks to Jose Antonio
The rooms were clean and neat. The bathroom was HUGE! We were greeted each day with lovely decorations on the bed and bathroom thanks to Fathima Abdullah.
The food was great thanks to Chef Harald and his team of chefs.
Chef Harald worked very hard to make sure that all the meals were of top quality.
Special mention for Arjun who added a special touch to our special requests.
Also the team at Spices restaurant were very efficient and the service was good. Special mention for Reda who ensured everything was of high standard.
We loved the different theme nights at Spices and the wonderful Christmas gala dinner.
Cyprian at the pool bar worked hard running quickly up and down the pool area taking orders.
The team at Gabi beach headed by Suleman Said also did a great job.
I didn't mind that Gabi beach was about 1km away as the golf cart service was efficient and on time.
The only problem was the beach boys at the beach that kept nagging you all the time (I thought the beach was private so I don't know why they were allowed there??)
There are many other service staff that made the stay memorable like the two Juma's (tall and short)
Special greeting to Emily at guest services who went the extra mile to keep us happy.
We will be recommending the Melia to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa