We stayed at the Melia at the end of November 2012.
We do travel very often but this was our first all-inclusive vacation.
Our stay at the Melia has been a positive surprise.
The buffet is very good. Every evening, the cooking team managed to surprise us. The buffet food is varied and good quality, and we did not feel the need to go to the (paying) hotel restaurant.
The only annoying aspect was the evening music band. For 6 evenings in a row, we had the same music band; that was a bit too much for us.
The staff is without exception very friendly, and the large majority of them know their job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa