We had a great six nights in this hotel. Beautiful location, good service and lovely spacious room with good quiet AC.
Location - Fantastic beach with endless white sands and snorkelling, good sea breeze to keep you from overheating.
Great swimming pools set amongst the palm trees. Plenty of sun beds and the beautiful extensive gardens set this hotel apart from others in the area.
Variety in restaurants and pools, you can also use the facilities of the sister hotel Sultan Sands next door which is little more informal.
Good food, my wife loved the Swahili buffet and the band were good entertainment whilst dining.
Doctor on Site, my 4 year old son had a nasty graze that became infected but the on site doctor managed to fix this saving us any inconvenience of searching for a doctor/antibiotics.
Good Rooms - plenty of space and well cleaned, our room was always cleaned on return from breakfast.
Friendly and helpful staff and management.
Great Cocktails !
The only con we could find, and it is only a minor gripe, was the WIFI. It was only available free of charge near the games facilities. If you wanted in-room WIFI it was an additional charge which I think most hotels these days supply free of charge. But lets face it WIFI is not a big issue when you have all the other distractions that this hotel has to offer.
Overall, I would definitely be happy to spend more time in this hotel, next year hopefully !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront resort with traditional Swahili charm, Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa is situated on the finest white beach on the east coast of Zanzibar. The resort is one of the island’s most prestigious properties offering the ultimate in beach comfort: excellent accommodation; fine wining and dining; a host of sports and leisure facilities; the famous Oasis Spa; and our award-winning service. Bluebay’s rooms and suites are set within 30-acres of tropical gardens with over 1,000 palm trees, some right at the ocean’s edge. All rooms are spacious, bright and beautifully decorated in Zanzibari style. Dining at Bluebay showcases Zanzibar’s celebrated local ingredients with an emphasis on fresh seafood and contemporary cuisine. As well as being a magical destination for holidaymakers wishing to soak up the sun and absorb the enchanting culture of Zanzibar, the resort offers excellent facilities for meetings, conferences and group incentives. And our weddings and events team can help you plan a private party, a wedding and, of course, a honeymoon! Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa is Bluebay’s premier brand. The resort shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property – Sultan Sands Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Bluebay Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa