we spent 2 restful days at the Bluebay after a week of safari. lovely welcome with cool towels and drinks and a beautiful set up with open air dining, plenty of lounge areas and a good beach...a bit of a relief after the long drive from the airport. Water in the Indian ocean was bathlike and pools a little more refreshing. Staff was attentive and eager to please. Rooms were spacious and cool ...AC was very welcome and worked well. We loved our balcony seating area. Food was good. Make sure you order the local beers for real refreshment! We enjoyed entertainment as we ate and the Masai set up a market on our last evening. we had a small problem with a leaking fridge which was addressed right away.Make sure to use your bug spray in the evenings as you will enjoy sitting outside. overall a very pleasant experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront resort with traditional Swahili charm, Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa is situated on the finest white beach on the east coast of Zanzibar. The resort is one of the island’s most prestigious properties offering the ultimate in beach comfort: excellent accommodation; fine wining and dining; a host of sports and leisure facilities; the famous Oasis Spa; and our award-winning service. Bluebay’s rooms and suites are set within 30-acres of tropical gardens with over 1,000 palm trees, some right at the ocean’s edge. All rooms are spacious, bright and beautifully decorated in Zanzibari style. Dining at Bluebay showcases Zanzibar’s celebrated local ingredients with an emphasis on fresh seafood and contemporary cuisine. As well as being a magical destination for holidaymakers wishing to soak up the sun and absorb the enchanting culture of Zanzibar, the resort offers excellent facilities for meetings, conferences and group incentives. And our weddings and events team can help you plan a private party, a wedding and, of course, a honeymoon! Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa is Bluebay’s premier brand. The resort shares a 500m stretch of beach with its sister property – Sultan Sands Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jovago.com so you can book your Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Bluebay Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar Island/Kiwengwa